Need 90 gallon aquascape ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Seb2502

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 90 gallon tank that I am putting 2ā€ of soil in and capping it with about 2ā€ of small gravel. I am planning on planting dwarf hair grass seeds all over to create a carpet then I will begin to fill the tank and aquascape properly.

some plants Iā€™m using are...
Hornwort
Guppy grass
Pearl weed
Java fern
Iā€™m planning on putting more species.
How should I layout the plants?

the fish Iā€™m putting is my
10 cardinal tetra
10 rummy nose tetra
10 ember tetras
A few Bronze cory catfish. Getting more
1 betta
1 nerite. Getting more
Planning on getting shrimps

My main question is should I get more of the 3 species of tetra listed above? Or do I add another species of fish? (Possibly celestial pearl danios or white cloud minnows). Havenā€™t done much research on them just yet but I obviosly wonā€™t put them in if their water perameters donā€™t match.

Last edited:
Few things...

What is the GH of your water?

Second, no gravel with keeping corydoras or other bottom dwellers as it damages their barbels. Sand is best.

On that note, avoid a dirted tank with corydoras. They dig. And will make a nightmare of a mess if they reach the soil.

And bettas do not make good community fish. They can unpredictably turn against their tank mates and are prone to eating too much and eating the wrong foods which lead to dropsy.

I have a 90 gallon tank that I am putting 2ā€ of soil in and capping it with about 2ā€ of small gravel. I am planning on planting dwarf hair grass seeds all over to create a carpet then I will begin to fill the tank and aquascape properly.

some plants Iā€™m using are...
Hornwort
Guppy grass
Pearl weed
Java fern
Iā€™m planning on putting more species.
How should I layout the plants?

the fish Iā€™m putting is my
10 cardinal tetra
10 rummy nose tetra
10 ember tetras
A few Bronze cory catfish. Getting more
1 betta
1 nerite. Getting more
Planning on getting shrimps

My main question is should I get more of the 3 species of tetra listed above? Or do I add another species of fish? (Possibly celestial pearl danios or white cloud minnows). Havenā€™t done much research on them just yet but I obviosly wonā€™t put them in if their water perameters donā€™t match.
Few things...

What is the GH of your water?

Second, no gravel with keeping corydoras or other bottom dwellers as it damages their barbels. Sand is best.

On that note, avoid a dirted tank with corydoras. They dig. And will make a nightmare of a mess if they reach the soil.

And bettas do not make good community fish. They can unpredictably turn against their tank mates and are prone to eating too much and eating the wrong foods which lead to dropsy.
Hey sorry for the late reply. My Gh is pretty low around 2-4

Most reactions

trending

Back