Nano Tank Ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

noobfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Picked up a little Aqueon 5g kit at lunch today ( https://www.aqueon.com/products/aquarium-starter-kits/minibow-smartclean ). Didn't need it, but 60% off because there were 2 scuffs on the side compelled me.
So, any suggestions what to do with it? Thinking I might set it up in my office, got a space on top of the credenza on the side I could put it. Looking for ideas of stocking and planting. Plants would have to be low light as it would just be the little LED on the hood, not looking to upgrade anything on this one.

the only 2 plants i've ever grown on a starter LED are java fern and anubias
mostly because i'm afraid to try anything else

I’ve had lots of success with plants in a tank that only has natural light, I’ll have to find the delivery note when I get home to work out what they are 😂

Any low grass type plants that might work with that lighting? Something for the foreground?

And stocking ideas. Something interesting and/or colorful that would work in that size? Figure pH around 6.8-7.1 and gh around 200.

Are the hard to keep? Never really looked into them.
Honestly they are super easy, and will start to breed after a couple of months. Just make sure your filter has a sponge over the intake so it doesn't suck up shrimplets.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back