Nano Shrimp Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ada

Reaction score
I am planning to buy Dennerle NanoCube for my shrimp - Different grades of red cherry.
It is 30x30x35 cm and the one I have now is 20x20x20cm
And I have few questions:

1. Will there be easier to maintain the bigger tank? (when cleaning the one now I take out half of the water before the gravel is properly cleaned :()

2. What would be the best filter?

3. Should I use real or fake plants.

4. If real which ones would be the best for shrimp and easiest to take care of?

5. Will Marina Aquarium Heater - Mini 25W be enough since I just want to keep the water at 22°C

6. What else should I know?

I am planning to buy Dennerle NanoCube for my shrimp - Different grades of red cherry.
It is 30x30x35 cm and the one I have now is 20x20x20cm
And I have few questions:

1. Will there be easier to maintain the bigger tank? (when cleaning the one now I take out half of the water before the gravel is properly cleaned :()

2. What would be the best filter?

3. Should I use real or fake plants.

4. If real which ones would be the best for shrimp and easiest to take care of?

5. Will Marina Aquarium Heater - Mini 25W be enough since I just want to keep the water at 22°C

6. What else should I know?

Welcome to the forum. I’ve never had much experience with shrimp myself personally but I’d say stick to live plants. I imagine this will create a natural environment for them. Im sure other members can advice you further on what plants would be preferable. I’ve recently only upgraded my marina mini 25w I had this for around a month and a half. I can confirm this heater will hold the temperature at 22c. I got rid of it due to it not being fully submersible. Best of luck.

Welcome to the forum. I’ve never had much experience with shrimp myself personally but I’d say stick to live plants. I imagine this will create a natural environment for them. Im sure other members can advice you further on what plants would be preferable. I’ve recently only upgraded my marina mini 25w I had this for around a month and a half. I can confirm this heater will hold the temperature at 22c. I got rid of it due to it not being fully submersible. Best of luck.

I did not know that its not fully submersible o_O should have read the instructions properly :book:
Im glad it doesnt fit properly to my tank so it was never fully submersed.

I might order the tank next week so in a month or so it should be ready to put the shrimp in.

Update :
Found the instructions of the heater it says it is fully submersible and there is a minimum water level line not a maximum so it might be a newer version.

Last edited:
I'm no expert but I'll have a go at answering some of your questions...

1)Generally larger tanks are easier to clean yes, and water changes are less noticeable to the inhabitants.
2)I'm not sure about a filter but make sure that the processing speed of the filter is at least 4 times the volume of the tank per hour (for example a tank 10gal should have a filter of processing speed of 40 gal an hour) but normally filters have even more. :)
3) I will recommend using live plants, they can help oxidise the water and overall look pleasing, its very natural.
4) Java moss, java fern are great. here are some more: https://www.theshrimpfarm.com/articles/freshwater-aquarium-plants.php
5/6) I'm not sure about these, sorry.

I hope this helps :)
This is just from my research and knowledge, not experience, so I recommend that you do some extra research just in case.

I'm no expert but I'll have a go at answering some of your questions...

1)Generally larger tanks are easier to clean yes, and water changes are less noticeable to the inhabitants.
2)I'm not sure about a filter but make sure that the processing speed of the filter is at least 4 times the volume of the tank per hour (for example a tank 10gal should have a filter of processing speed of 40 gal an hour) but normally filters have even more. :)
3) I will recommend using live plants, they can help oxidise the water and overall look pleasing, its very natural.
4) Java moss, java fern are great. here are some more: https://www.theshrimpfarm.com/articles/freshwater-aquarium-plants.php
5/6) I'm not sure about these, sorry.

I hope this helps :)
This is just from my research and knowledge, not experience, so I recommend that you do some extra research just in case.
That is a good response, but this thread was started back in March, of 2019. I doubt you will get a response back from the OP. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back