Nano Fish Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

With the Scarlet Badis, what other fish could they be compatible with in a Nano tank?
So if say you had just one male in a 5 Gallon what other fish could be kept with them?

In a 5 gallon - not a lot. Inverts would work.

the_lock_man said:
They COULD work shrimp: I would not trust the badis, snail: ofcourse yes!

I'm thinking of getting a 5g:
1M scarlet badis
1 or 2 female depending on availability

Shrimps, what type how many, I don't want alot I would just like to have around 2 if that is sufficient...

It would be live planted, not sure what plants yet.

DerpPH said:
They COULD work shrimp: I would not trust the badis, snail: ofcourse yes!
Why is that? Iv read they are quite shy and only aggressive with other males...

They are Micropredators, shrimp is their prey. Most of the time.

Tek oot.

The thing with badis sp. is that they feed on tony crustaecians, plankton and yes shrimp.

On red scarlet badis again, research says males will fight, ok I get that.

Iv ordered a 90l aquarium and still want red scarlet badis(dario dario) so would still have 1m 2-3f if I can get hold of them, but can they go with their bigger species badis badis or would that just cause even more trouble?

I don't know for definite, but I would suspect that they are conspecific (ie, don't get on with each other) in the same way that Gouramis and Siamese Fighters are conspecific.

I see... I'll research it a bit more then, as I found out the hard way about betta and gourami...

Hmm decisions decisions... Dario dario or badis badis...

Badis Badis are significantly bigger than Dario Dario, about 8cm instead of 2cm, so you will have to take that into account when deciding numbers.

Tek oot.

you may want to add the least killifsh which is the 7th smallest fish in the world ive kept them in a trio in a 5 gall and probaly with plenty of space left. males size is usally.8 inch and females 1.25 inch

I'll get on it, thanks guppy!

Tek oot.

One thing that should be changed IMO would be the fact that the list says 2 female Bettas in a 3 gallon.
Female Bettas can only be kept in a sorority that is 10 gallons +. 20 gallons preferably. They also need to be kept in numbers of 6+ to spread aggression.

Maybe another addition would be including 10 gallon stocking suggestions?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back