Nano Cubes?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ethos

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I';ve heard they've been causing some problems. Can someone tell me what the problem is, and is the nano Cube worth buying?

Steelhealr is the one with the info here - his cube is cracking, but has held together so far...

Apparently they have been breaking on people, unable to stand the pressure of the water they hold :(

Quite the pickle to be in for any tank, especially an unstable nano.

Here's the deal. The Nano Cube has been having a problem cracking at the seamless corners. The problem is a combination of engineering and packaging errors but predominantly...too thin glass. The cracking mostly occurs with the tank I have, the 24G. The 12 and 6 are less likely. My advice is:

1) If you must have a 24G, DO NOT ORDER IT OVER THE INTERNET OR HAVE IT SHIPPED. If you do, put on thick gloves before you reach in the box to pull it out

2) If you must have the cube, buy one at your lfs and have them open it there. Inspect it all over including under the frame. Keep your receipt and know what their guarantee/return policy is. There still have been some latent cracks.

3) Better yet, look at the AquaPod or, if you can wait, the Nano Cube is reportedly being improved and re-engineered very soon. You could call JBJ lighting and see if they have a release date. SH

Thanks SH.

I've only seen the 12G for sale... Why is this? All my LFS and Chain stores either only carry the 12G or they dont carry them at all. I thought the 24G was the most popular?

For exactly the reasons you read above....cracks..people returning them...headaches (at least from what ONE lfs told me). The 12G ships easier and lot less prone to cracking. When they increased the size of the tank to make a 24G, they kept the glass the same thickness. Wasn't strong enough. Next time you are in an lfs, look at the glass on a 30G Oceanic....solid as a rock. SH

Is nanocube Company fixing this? Or are they just letting it be?

They are supposed to be upgrading it presently....possibly for next month. SH

Why then are the 24Gs still for sale? Shouldn't they stop now?

Yeah, I dunno if I want a nano anymore. It'd be sweet and all that, but I dont want to deal with such a large responsablitly right now.
I guess I just dont have the time and money to put forth such a rewording job, but I will eventually get around to it. Plus, I'm only 13, so assuming I dont die in a accedent or anything, I have plenty of time.
Its a cool idea, just not for me atm.
I think I'll get more expiernce than a year and a half before I tackle another high point in fishkeeping. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back