~~my Trip To The Georgia Aquarium~~ Over 50 Pics

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
is he promoting another forum? i missed that, if he is then i guess he is wrong if he is promoting it, i didnt see any promotion initially, unless you count merely seeing the other forum as promoting? i am not sure....

There is a portable X-ray machine in the surgery room! I'm an x-ray tech and would love even just a part time job as a fish xray tech lol

That is awesome, I want to go so bad!! And I love penguins sooo much, everything of mine here is penguin lol. AGH I'm jealous!

i'm speechless. it was so awesome! thanks! and i love the bubble soap story. hahahha.

oh who cares about it being a link to another forum
How about the system admin. It is against forum rules.

"No promoting of other competing sites either in the forum, chat room or private message system."

From here.

EDIT: this forum has thousands of members, its very active, i am sure the mods are not so in-secure to worry about this
It has nothing to do with them being secure. They are mods and they and they have to enforce the rules. Otherwise the forum would go downhill in a hurry.
Well...I dont see him promoting an other site.
I'm an active member in many forums (fish, hockey, computers) and this is the only one that would do this. This can only backfire.

This has been the rule since I've been here. You can see by my member number how many registered members were here when I joined. You can also look at the bottom of the forum main page, 28,000+ members.

This tells me the rules, and how they are enforced, work quite well, and nothing has backfired yet.

This has been the rule since I've been here. You can see by my member number how many registered members were here when I joined. You can also look at the bottom of the forum main page, 28,000+ members.

This tells me the rules, and how they are enforced, work quite well, and nothing has backfired yet.

My fish or plants are sick I need help. I make a thread. Someone knows of a good thread/article or what ever on an other site he can only steal the info. He cant point me this site where someone more specilized might help and he cant even give credit the the author/original poster because this would mean giving the name of the site. I have a problem with that. I dont know how you can adress this concern but somehow I feel that by posting for help on this forum I would somehow not get all the help I could get without this rule.

If it is that special and unique that it can't be found anywhere else, which is seldom the case but does come up, just pm a mod concerning this, or put a note in the post. If it is indeed that uniqe of a situation the link will be allowed, as has happened in the past.

Often when there is a link that is not obviously contrary to the rules, such as this one, it will be discussed among the mods, as this one was. That is why when the link was questioned 6 days ago, and removed today.

So don't worry if you, or any other member does come up with a totally unique situation, as the rules do have some flexability, and the moderating team is reasonable.

Dear god almighty, it's the rules. Don't fight the power. If they've been enforced since this forum was creating, I wouldn't go running your mouth.

If it is that special and unique that it can't be found anywhere else, which is seldom the case but does come up, just pm a mod concerning this, or put a note in the post. If it is indeed that uniqe of a situation the link will be allowed, as has happened in the past. Often when there is a link that is not obviously contrary to the rules, such as this one, it will be discussed among the mods, as this one was. That is why when the link was questioned 6 days ago, and removed today. So don't worry if you, or any other member does come up with a totally unique situation, as the rules do have some flexability, and the moderating team is reasonable.
I still feel that some info would get lost in translation sort of speak but at least its good to know there can be exceptions. Anyway in this present case I think the easiest solution would have been for the original poster to go and edit his post on the other forum and copy and paste it's content here because in that case he was actualy pointing to one of his own posts and there realy was no clear reason why it should link to the other site. i'll just have to watch my self because I have a habit of referencing other sites when I give info on a subject.
Dear god almighty, it's the rules. Don't fight the power. If they've been enforced since this forum was creating, I wouldn't go running your mouth.
That's the perfect recipi for stagnation.

Not really, why change what's been working? Sure, people have complained, but people have also complained about the lack of a general section - it was taken off there for a reason, and we should assume the same for the links.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back