my teacher's fish tank is being conquered by territorial hillstream loaches

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I don't remember the latin name for it but i do remember that they work in groups and don't grow more than an inch.

Please try to give us the scientific (prob latin or greek and latin) name.
And a photo if it is clear will help.

Please try to give us the scientific (prob latin or greek and latin) name.
And a photo if it is clear will help.
found it!
name:

Sewellia Lineolata​

pictures:
Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 8.02.16 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 8.01.47 AM.png

Picture of the underside:

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 8.03.13 AM.png

Yah what is the tank size? Also they need high flow

They also like to be in groups
yeah,there used to only be one but my teacher realised that and got more. but i think that's what started the killings, they quickly ran out of space and started making more, this makes sense because my teacher not only brought in other fish with the plecos but also one of the tetras reproduced. however if it really is the plecos doing it then they got defensive enough to kill one of their own. It's terrifying.

yeah,there used to only be one but my teacher realised that and got more. but i think that's what started the killings, they quickly ran out of space and started making more, this makes sense because my teacher not only brought in other fish with the plecos but also one of the tetras reproduced. however if it really is the plecos doing it then they got defensive enough to kill one of their own. It's terrifying.
I even have a picture of one of the victim's floating corpse.

It also could be a disease... Have you ever seen the fish be aggressive? Or has the teacher? What do the dead fish look like?
I even have a picture of one of the victim's floating corpse.
That would be extremely useful.

It also could be a disease... Have you ever seen the fish be aggressive? Or has the teacher? What do the dead fish look like?

That would be extremely useful.
well neither me or the teacher have seen it happen, my teacher just has them as a number 1 suspect with good reason.
picture:
Image_20220922_095846_119.jpeg

Are the fins damaged in that pic?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back