My Tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Type of setup South American (basically) Community

DSC_0537-1.jpg

Tank 160L, 35UK gallons, Dimensions 36 x 15 x 18 inches

Filtration One Fluval 3Plus Internal Filter, getting an external soon. Also has an air pump.

Lighting One Power-glo Light tube

Substrate Pea Gravel 5cm depth

Decor Granite, slate and quartz rock. Plants include amazonian swords, Vallis sp. and Cabomba (sp?) and various plastic and silk. Other decor includes 2 plant pots and a piece of PVC Pipe

Maintenance 30% water change fortnightly, filter cleaned out at same time, in removed tank water.

Feeding Various flake and tablet foods offered once a day. Bloodworm 3 times a week

Fish
9 Rummy Nosed Tetras (Hemigrammus bleheri)
2 Golden Angel Fish (Pterophyllum scalare)
1 Black Marble Angel Fish (Pterophyllum scalare)
3 Rams (Microgeophagus ramirezi)(brought as 1 male and 2 females, but actually 2 male and 1 female) (Favourite fish in this tank lol)
3 Lake Kutubu Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia lacustris) (not S. American)
1 Half Banded Spiny Eel (Macrognathus circumcinctus) (not south american)
1 Bristlenose (Ancistrus sp.)

Brief history of the tank This tank used to have my polypterus in when they were babies, but they have now all moved out so about a month ago i setup it up again as a tank for South American Fish, but my mum had to put some rainbow fish in it, which ruined the theme lol.

before it had the polypterus in, it had a breeding pair of firemouths, before that, a group of young Black Ghost Knives, before that, a pair of kribensis and some and livebearers. the spiny eel has always been in there, so just stays there lol

Some pics from the tank

DSC_0541.jpg

Rainbows and tetras
DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

The Lake Kutubu Rainbows
DSC_0548.jpg

One of the angels, the others didn't like the camera
DSC_0546.jpg

And the Rams, I love these fish!! and i am so proud that they havent died lol, as they are famous for being delicate.
DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg
Have you had any of your rams die? Are they very aggresive? :( :fish:

yeh i did have some die, i brought three originally, and i thought i had 1 boy and 2 girls but it turned out i had one girl and 2 boys so the males had a fight, and one of them killed the other, then the female died from stress so i only have the one left which is annyoing, but i have asked for the shop where i work to get some more in, so i am going to get 2 girls and one more boy.

oh and the new tank now has discus in, and looks awesome. I had to take back the angels as they were bullying the discus, the fiends.

i have piccies but discus don't like cameras lol

anyways i have 4 discus:
1 white butterfly
DSC_0080-1.jpg

1 Red Turquoise (very cowardly, so this is the only photo i have)
DSC_0077-1.jpg

1 Red Royal
DSC_0074-3.jpg

1 Blue Turquoise (only one who doesnt mind being photographed)
DSC_0079-2.jpg

DSC_0079-3.jpg

DSC_0080-2.jpg

more piccies
DSC_0083-1.jpg

DSC_0075-2.jpg

a shrimp
DSC_0078-1.jpg

the tank, little blurred sorry
DSC_0074-2.jpg

blue rainbow
DSC_0081.jpg

the tank again
DSC_0082-1.jpg

that tank looks great. i was thinking of adding discus to my tank as well but ruled it out due to the need for daily water changes. looks great!

Very pretty fish! Good luck on the Rams next time.
Lol looks like the fish like their pictures in the one particular spot.

that tank looks great. i was thinking of adding discus to my tank as well but ruled it out due to the need for daily water changes. looks great!

'm sure they;d be fine without daily water changes especially if the tank was understocked. last time I kept discus I had unhappy fish messing about with lots of changes etc until I treated them like normal fish and then they wre fine as mine are now

by the way I love the yellow discus. i had one like that yrs ago and they look ace as they get older

also the saddle bichir is gorgeous!! i want one!!

thanks everyone.

mulks, you don't have to do daily water changes thats a stupid idea. i do weekly 25% water changes and replace with ro, pH is at 6.5 and has been at that for a while now.

simonas thanks for the info i am hoping he will become more stunning as he gets older.

and yes the saddled bichir is awesome, u should get one :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back