My Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PNWAquatic

Reaction score
Hi all,

Here is my 26 gallon tetra tank. The tank is pretty turbulent, so the little white specks are bubbles and not dirt/debris/food/etc (though I will admit the right side needs to be wiped down). The plants in the upper left corner are new and are floating there until they sprout new roots and stop melting. I mostly keep java fern, crypts, and anubias since those grow for me pretty well. I hope you enjoy.
Fish.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome. You've got a very nice looking tank. What kind of plant is mostly spreed across the tank? I like it.

Thank you all! And as for the plants, the ones on the ceramic trunk are two different species of anubias, the tallish plant in the middle is multiple java ferns, and the one to the far right is windelov variety java fern. The smaller clumps of plants in the front are cyrptocorynes (mini wendtii I think) and there are also some banana plants.

I really like the "clump" of anubias. I didn't even realize what they were. I usually spread mine out a bit, I might do something like that if I get more plants or rearrange.

I've never had any luck with anacharis. I've tried it multiple times and it usually just melts. I am trying water wisteria and what I think is some variety of rotala instead. I bought some stems off eBay and they melted badly when I first added them. Now they've all started to root so I have some hope.

I have way too much java fern now. The windelov plant on the right is covered in new plants. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all of them :lol: I've already used some to fill in my 13.5 gallon.

I've made some progress on my 120(ish) gallon cube tank. The frame for the stand has finally been been constructed. Please excuse my dirty garage :lol:

The tank was actually my dad's saltwater tank before he downgraded to a smaller tank. It obviously needs some cleaning to get the old coralline algae and salt deposits off. That and running it in the garage for a couple weeks to check for any leaks is the next step.

I am planning on using it for African Cichlids.
Cube progress.JPG

Looking forward to making more progress.

The 120 has been filled with water and rock has been added. The rock I decided to use will actually float, so I had to silicone to tile to get them to stay at the bottom. Sand will be added this weekend to cover the tiles and silicone after I do a large water change to get the gunk off the bottom.

The tank has a sump that holds roughly 20 gallons. I will be adding a heater/ceramic media/carbon to this area, along with filter socks and other mechanical filtration. I'm also hoping to put live plants here for added nutrient export. Any recommendation on amphibious plants or aquatic plants that uptake nitrates/ammonia? The water will be relatively hard. I'm hoping this area will act as a refugium so it doesn't need to look pretty.

I am planning on building a covering next to hide the sump/under section from view. I wanted to get it set up and cycling first.

I'll try to get a better picture of the front once the sun goes down. The rock work looks much better from head on.

My rocks are already growing algae. Let the cycling begin!
Big Tank2.jpg
Big Tank1.jpg
Sump.jpg
Algae .jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back