100_0570.jpg

100_0575.jpg

100_0559.jpg

100_0547.jpg
Molly Fry - Then

100_0562.jpg
Now

nice looking healthy tank!
my suggesting would be to add some elevations and depressions in the sand, it makes it look much more natural - then put the rocks and stuff back ontop

u should consider shielding the timer and cables etc. from view

edit: and u may need more loaches, depends if theyre behaving themselves or not i guess. theyre a gregarious fish

Im trying to stay away from getting a background if im honest, I absolutely hate them. Ive never had one, but have seen lots of tanks with them. The tall plants in the back are pretty new. I changed recently from gravel to sand so they can root in. Hopefully they will grow much more and cover everything.

I will look in to making the same more natural looking, not really though about that but thanks. Nice idea!

Just a quick question tho, from my signature, is my tank over stocked? I was thinking about getting some sort of loach that buries itself in the sand as Ive read up about pockets that can form under the sand... and getting this sort of fish will break them up?

Thanks

There are 2 non aquatic plants in there, the 2 dead center. They are type of spider plant and will rot if kept submerged, causing amonia spikes.

Thats very strange... I got them from a well known chain (maidenhead aquatics). I shall leave them in but keep an eye on it. I test quite regularly and will see if an ammonia spike happens. Thanks for the advice!

I think the printed backgrounds are naff, but a plain black one will really make a difference to the tank :good:

hi ianho ir right the variegated plants are non aquatic either spider plants or even draceanea as they seem to have more stem than clorophytum sp

they may well rot but all is not lost pot em up and pop em on your window sill tyhey make nice house plants

tank looks well sweet

regards scot :good:

I think it looks great!

I dont really like the backgrounds either, im just going to get loads of plants as a kind of wall in mine :)

I wasn't a fan of backgrounds either, but eventually did decide to get a background for mine, and the impact it had was instantaneous and stunning, all the colours of the plants seem that much brighter and even the fish look more vivid in contrast to it. I decided just to go for a plain black background and got an off cut from MA that was enough to cover the back of my tank and my brothers tank. Honestly other then it being a bit of a fiddle to attach you will not regret it.

Nice M. s. australis! The would show A LOT more color with a black background and dark substrate. Light colored sand washes rainbows out almost completely.

agreed on the background. it will bring out colours of fish/plants. also it will hel the fish feel more secure. if it was me , personally i would teake out the crocodile skull thing tho as i prefer natural looking decor, but thats just down to personal taste and we are all different. having said that you have a very clean looking obviously well maintained tank , and overall i like it .

great job :good:

Nice M. s. australis! The would show A LOT more color with a black background and dark substrate. Light colored sand washes rainbows out almost completely.

aggree to this my praecox only show their fin colors and when its dark a lovely blue body

however i disaggree to the backround imo i like the aspect of the naturalness of the tank with the technological timer in the backround :good:

I hope thats a freshwater crocodile in there :lol:

I went for a plain blue background-I'm not a great fan on the printed ones.

Most reactions

Back