My Rio 180 Betta Tank Journal... Pic Heavy...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

todays update:

Kev got the other divider slides in for me today;

DSC_0525.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

Had a slight delay as my sister came over yesterday for curry lol :D

plans for tomorrow:

get the excess silicone off, clean out the tank, add water and dividers, get filter running etc.

todays update:

Kev got the other divider slides in for me today;

DSC_0525.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

Had a slight delay as my sister came over yesterday for curry lol :D

plans for tomorrow:

get the excess silicone off, clean out the tank, add water and dividers, get filter running etc.

Nice to know some-one spends there tiem doing somthing (unlike me xD)

looks great! glad youre doing it right and not rushing things,
cheers!

oh dear, what have you done pmsl

(p.s, been there done that!)

:blush: :S

Tank looks great!!! :) I wish i had another tank project to do. Betta breeding is on hold as i have used (and wasted) the Betta money on the Duck Eggs :(
Looks nice and neat! Well Done! :)

lol bless ya, i didnt think i had seen you say anything, but hey ho, i was done for swearing (which i didnt) then telling them i thought they were idiots :rolleyes:

am really sorry the eggs didnt work, i owuld be gutted too

kev has been the one doing the work this time, think he wasnt prepared for me to have a hissy fit again!

we should be doing some more tonight, but cant guarantee that as we have had a day and night with the kids

will keep you updated :good:

could you not sell anything to fund the breeding?

this looks really good! what a great idea!! i cant wait to see this finshed!

lol bless ya, i didnt think i had seen you say anything, but hey ho, i was done for swearing (which i didnt) then telling them i thought they were idiots :rolleyes:

am really sorry the eggs didnt work, i owuld be gutted too

kev has been the one doing the work this time, think he wasnt prepared for me to have a hissy fit again!

we should be doing some more tonight, but cant guarantee that as we have had a day and night with the kids

will keep you updated :good:

could you not sell anything to fund the breeding?

I advertised another forum :blush: Whoops :crazy:
The eggswere a waste, i have the seperate containers and the sponge filter etc, just need the glass tank and female betta. :lol: Maybe next year!! :)

That tank is gonna look excellent when done!!!!! :nod: :D

we dont usually have any issues with him. he's nearly 2, and his fang teeth are making an appearance, so he wakes in the night. normally i can put him in bed and he will go quiet straight away and hear nothing til the next morning

Its awful when they are going through that and there's nothing you can do for them but at the same time you want to knock them on the head just so you can get some sleep LOL. At least the kids can nap during the day if they need to!

Tanks progressing well though - am watching with interest as I'll be dividing a 3 footer probably after Christmas so am learning from your mistakes!! ;) :D :lol: am intrigued that you put a bit along the bottom of the tank too - I was only planning on putting them on front and back.

And I also used nylon thread for stitching my divider together in my 240L tank, only I overlapped the pieces of canvas so ended up with rather a lot of stitching (wont be doing that again!)

i was going to put along the bottom, but it was an absolute nightmare to clip the divider in, so we took it off. i am putting one acrpss the top for stability though. the sand holds them very well at the bottom tbh

all dividers are in, just got to stitch the panels together and add them.

will add pics tomorrow

yeh mines are like that too, the sand holds them straight, and like yours the top binder makes them more stable! :)

:good:

cant wait for piccies!! :)

Hi, thats going to look awsome when finished.

One thing I would watch out for and you plobly know anyway, those females can Jump out of water quite far.

Your tank has the same sort of glass lip as my 2ft tank, and even with an inch drop in the water from the top of the divider she happily jumped back and 2.

i'm sorry i struggled to understand that, do you mean glass lid? as it doesnt have a glass lid?

if i get some jumpers i'll just go and get some more dividers and place them on top. i cant go too high up on the dividers cause of the support beam through the middle, then the lights too

Most reactions

Back