My Red Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

loyurew

Reaction score
I have an 8 gallon fish tank which consists of 3 golden barbs,2 hachets, 2 metallic blue guppies, 2 blonde guppies and 1 betta, I got my betta today and he seems to be fitting in well but I noticed that its fin has a bit of finrot on them, I have treatment for it and its working but I am just wondering if betta's fins naturaly regenerate or I should use chemicals to get its fins to its natural condidition

Hi, welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry to say your tank size isn't suitable for all those fish.
The hatchets & barbs need more space
If you think your betta has fin rot, he'd be better off in a tank on his own while you treat him

Hi, welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry to say your tank size isn't suitable for all those fish.
The hatchets & barbs need more space
If you think your betta has fin rot, he'd be better off in a tank on his own while you treat him

Hey cheers for the welcome,
I have a spare 30 gallon tank and I have repaired it and I have transfered the barbs and hatchets to it I have also put the betta in his own tank

Given the proper conditions and all, his fins should regenerate all on their own as time passes.
Hope he feels better and good luck!

difficult to say without a photo but he may have been getting his fins nipped. with separation and clean water his fins should heal on their own.
cheers

His fins should heal on their own. I put a plastic plant in my tank and an hour later his tail was destroyed (half missing and all shrivelled). I took the plant out and kept the water really clean and it healed itself. The new part of his tail was a different colour for a while but now you cant tell. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back