My Photography

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
My photography might not be the best but it's OK, so here are some pictures.
Photo1162.jpg

Yellow flowers, no idea of flower type/name.
Photo1161.jpg

The tree. This tree stands on Gleadless Valley and has done for years.
Photo1154.jpg

Woodland walkway. This is one of the few paths that go through a woods near me.
Photo1153.jpg

Spot the Starling. There is a starling hidden in the tree…
Photo1152.jpg

Watch Post. This is a Kestrel sat on top of a house.
Photo1171.jpg

Spot the Magpie. There is a young magpie sat calling for it’s mother in this tree.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

I spotted the birds in all of them! Good work- the yellow flowers are lovely. Try to use macro and get some close up shots of the flowers and see what you get. My rule of photography is simply- experiment and explore- try new things and different angles- see what you get!

Good photography anyway!

I spotted the birds in all of them! Good work- the yellow flowers are lovely. Try to use macro and get some close up shots of the flowers and see what you get. My rule of photography is simply- experiment and explore- try new things and different angles- see what you get!

Good photography anyway!

I'm currently growing some Nasturtium and Sweet Pea - Old Spice Mixed to see what shots I can get of them once they have grown. I also have a mystery flower growing. I use a text setting on my phone so that it catches more detail. The text setting is made for catching small detailed text so it catches a lot of detail, as seen in the flower picture. An idea what type of flower that is?

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

They're great quality to say they were taken on your phone. :blink:

I really like the first tree pic (the second one, after the yellow flowers).
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers

Thanks, yeah my phone is a 5MP camera as well. It's a ninja phone. Takes great quality pictures, of inanimate and animate objects, plays great music and has brilliant touch screen! It's a samsung jet ultra btw... :lol: It cost a nightmare though... £229.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

I have to say i'm quite surprised, your photos are similar to a lot of mine, we have the same thing in mind!!

I wasnt expecting the second one to be my favourite though!! But the more i keep looking back at it, the more i see! The angles with the tree, the grass bank and the level building and then there is the sunlight on the bark of the tree itself which is easily missed at first glance!

Whether intentional or not (because i know when i get a good photo in the opinion of other people... its not usually the obvious photo! its generally the photo i got by accident!) its not always the obvious 'posing' photos you get but the subtle things that people appreciate!

I have some more and I think you'll like them. There's one of a daffodil with a ladybird on it...
I'll upload them now.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

very nice photos I like them. peaceful looking

the yellow tree is lovely, I have one in my garden the yellowwill fall off quicjly soon

the tree is my favourite as well in second pic, its the angle of the trunk :good:

Ok, so your pics got me thinking....I have loads of nature shots and wonderful sun rises and sunsets, but I thought I would post a pic just quickly that I bet nobody would immediatley associate with Australia.

P1010539.jpg

Personally I think it looks very English with the early morning fog and yellow leaves floating on the water. And nope this pic was not taken anywhere near the southern states of Australia but just a short drive down the road from my house in Central Queensland. I'm always fiddling with the distance that I am away from a photo subject (provided its stationary) and the amount of zoom on the camera, but some of the pics I mange to fluke are pretty good and even made a person who studied photography (with all the lighting, shutter speeds etc) jelous.
The yellow flowering plant is lovely and it would be great to know its name, the other tree is very stark and beautiful possibly more so because you can see the "skeleton" of the tree without the leaves giving it a modesty outfit. Ibet when you photographed the birds you kept losing them in the view finder...well that usually happens to me
laugh.gif
. And there is something very inviting about the photo taken along the pathway.

Baccus, thats a somehow strange but excellent photo!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back