My Ocean Reef

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Where abouts are you located mate? you have any interest in the sweetlips?

Am located in near Leeds mate. Oooo no, grows far too large for home aquariums. Its just you dont see many of them for sale or at least you dont this side of the pennines.

Where abouts are you located mate? you have any interest in the sweetlips?

Am located in near Leeds mate. Oooo no, grows far too large for home aquariums. Its just you dont see many of them for sale or at least you dont this side of the pennines.

They do unfortunately :( worried i am going to get stuck with him. Lovely fish but needs a huge aquarium 2/3 years down the line. Might see if one of the sea life centers want him once he grows abit :lol: or find out where my friend bought him from and take it back there.

A short video for you all.

Nice vid Andy :) your regal seems to have grown nicely and your copperband is a stunner :drool:

Is that a goby on the sand near the end or a blenny? couldn't see it properly :rolleyes:

Still need to update my journal with pics of the sweetlips etc.. who has now been moved on after a 3 day mission of trying to catch him :lol:

Nice vid Andy :) your regal seems to have grown nicely and your copperband is a stunner :drool:

Is that a goby on the sand near the end or a blenny? couldn't see it properly :rolleyes:

Still need to update my journal with pics of the sweetlips etc.. who has now been moved on after a 3 day mission of trying to catch him :lol:

Its a Randall's Goby. Dont think he would be too happy if i added a Blenny. He seems to think that he is the boss of the tank.

Ok todays new addition........

Candycane Coral (Caulastrea furcata)

Photo0656.jpg

Ok not a very good night for me. At about 11.00pm i heard splashing about but thought nothing of it. Woke up this morning to feed the fish and strange no female clownfish. Searched the whole tank moving the biggest rocks, look outside no sign. Then noticed that one of the pumps (not the koralias) wasn’t working lifted it out and there she was stuck to the pump dead. :-(

Oh no, thats awful, but a healthy fish would not get stuck to the side a powerhead. What will you do now?

Oh no, thats awful, but a healthy fish would not get stuck to the side a powerhead. What will you do now?

Thanks, all the more as i am sure they were reading to breed. She jumped into the box with no escape, only way out then is via the return pump. Am totally guttered. Regards to my next move dont know maybe see if some one wants the male and look for another pair.

Ok not much of an update but here goes. The male clownfish is no longer with us :-(. RIP little fella, he dies about 2 weeks ago. I blame the Humbug for his death. They never fully got on, but the female always kept it in track. After I lost her I thought that the male would be fine he was fending off the Humbug. I guess he chose the get his revenge during the night.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back