My Newest Piercings!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-cAtFiSh-

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Dermal anchors! Its a new procedure so of course I had to get it done :p They can be put anywhere on the body, but I thought my neck would be the most unusual...also it looks like a have a bar going through my windpipe haha (which I don't, of course!). I got the first one almost two weeks ago and the second one last Friday.

P1000994.jpg

P1010001.jpg

dermalsss.jpg

Here's what the whole of the jewelley looks like:
dermalanchors.jpg

The bottom plate is inserted into the skin through a hole made by a needle. They don't go in very deep at all (some people think they do) and eventually the skin heals and fuses to the plate, making them pretty permanent. The top plate (the visible part) can actually be unscrewed, however, and be replaced with different plates. I want to get spikes put in mine when they heal.

:D

Oh God those are FANTASTIC!!! I like the top bit you have in better than I think I would like a spike though, they are understated and beautiful. I love the placement too, it's just perfect and looks great on you. Might have to consider this for myself :shifty:. Always kinda wanted a transdermal, but it was too big of a procedure to be worth it to me, I hadn't heard about this new one.

WOW :hyper: that is cool, how much did it hurt, it looks like it was ok as no bruising etc. :)

Thanks for the compliments! :D

Yeah transdermals you have to actually make an incision with a scalpel, make a 'pocket' under the skin and use a dermal punch to make a hole for the jewellery to go in. I watched someone getting it done on the net a little while ago. Took about 45 minutes for the piercer to put three in. Looks very painful! Probably really expensive too. I think the liklihood that it heals properly is pretty minimal too.
Dermal anchors have a much higher success rate (for a start the procedure is much, much simpler and the plates are very small).

Yes, it did hurt haha. My piercer has only done a few so he hasnt quite perfected his technique yet so he had some difficulty getting them in the hole. I just relaxed and closed my eyes and concentrated on my breathing. I don't mind the pain really to be honest. I find it quite relaxing in a way.
And no bruising at all!

Word of warning Synirr...they are addictive! I want more already :p

shame theres no bolt shaped ones :p

looks weird and cool at the same time are they expensive?

shame theres no bolt shaped ones :p

looks weird and cool at the same time are they expensive?

Haha yes I have had a few references to Frankenstein's monster :p

I got these for $100AUS each (including jewellery) which is cheap! My piercer actually does them for $140AUS including jewellery but because I am a loyal and frequent customer my piercer gave me discounts :p

Ah yes, so it goes with all body mods, yeah? :p
I've got a lot more things I'm already planning to have done before I consider these, so I'll have plenty of time to think about placement. In the meantime, hopefully a few more piercists will have the chance to perfect their technique. Does the jewelry unscrew at the plate, or at the bead? Looks like it's at the bead?

Ah yes, so it goes with all body mods, yeah? :p
I've got a lot more things I'm already planning to have done before I consider these, so I'll have plenty of time to think about placement. In the meantime, hopefully a few more piercists will have the chance to perfect their technique. Does the jewelry unscrew at the plate, or at the bead? Looks like it's at the bead?

Ooo what else are you planning?
I'm probably getting either my eyebrow or a Medusa next.

The jewellery unscrews at the bead/top plate. The bottom plate and the bar stay in the skin.

That just looks like it would hurt.... I think I wouldn't even do that if someone paid me....but then again...looks cool and is a interesting talking point...

i would be kinda nervous about getting them done because of the scarring that they would leave if you take them out (can the be taken out and put back in without needing to return to the piercing studio?

That just looks like it would hurt.... I think I wouldn't even do that if someone paid me....but then again...looks cool and is a interesting talking point...

Aww it didnt hurt that much. It looks so much more painful than what it really is. The several days after getting my tongue pierced hurt more haha.

i would be kinda nervous about getting them done because of the scarring that they would leave if you take them out (can the be taken out and put back in without needing to return to the piercing studio?

Scarring doesn't bother me...else I wouldnt have got them hah.
I would have to get my piercer to take them out if I didn't want them anymore. I could PROBABLY do it myself but a piercing studio is sterile and I would probably make a big mess of it anyway...thus leaving even worse scars. Also, I kinda suck at inflicting pain on myself..mush easier to cope with when my piercer (who I would trust with anything) does it :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back