My New Pick Ups

Ficious

Fish Addict
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Des Moines, IA
Today was a good day. I worked 16 hours so I didnt have the time to pick the fish up i wanted. My mom was nice enough to go and get what I wanted. she picked out 3 very healthy male guppies, 2 females, and 1 oto. i wanted 5 otos but they only had 1. no pic of the oto..hes so small it wasnt an exciting pic, enjoy! comments welcome :blush:


a new plant i bought at petsmart today, very very nice, just what i was looking for.

newcomm.jpg


guppy1.jpg


guppy2.jpg


guppy3.jpg


guppy4.jpg


guppy5.jpg


pygmys.jpg



some of the residents together

community.jpg
 
Very nice :hyper:

I might get livebearers and since you have them what decorations should I get for my tank?? Just plants?? or would rocks be good too? I wonder what guppies natural environment looks like
 
That 'oto' looks like a corydoras pigmaeus to me

Edited because I cannot spell :D
 
MollyFresh: Thanks for the comment! as for the deco, if you can, some sort of plants at the surface work well. i just bought a new plant that is rooted in the ground and covers about 30% of the surface water. give everyone lots of places to hide!! as for rocks, i have some large lake rocks at the bottom of my tank. all in all they seem very happy!

Mermaid Mel: you are correct, those ARE pygmy corys in the pics. I didnt take any pics of the Oto because he was soo small...hard to even see!
 
I'm going to reccomend getting more female guppies and less males as the ratio should be a minimum of 2females-1male, preferbly 3:1.
 
yea but its not with the new plant, which i love and is about 28 inches long...i know a few people here have seen this pic before but for those that havent

color-1.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top