My New Orca Tl-450

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I took another picture of the barnicle-like creature today....he was moving his "fangs" around:

Barnacle_like2.jpgBarnacle_like.jpg

Still no ideas from anyone on what this could be? I have never seen anything but the moving "fangs". No net-trawling like piranha_trader's hitchhiker.

:unsure:

Looking good so far :good: That looks like some really good quality live rock you got there. Can't help on the critter Id unfortunately but is a strange looking thing.

If you plan on keeping corals you will probably have to add another powerhead in there.

Thank you xxBarneyxx!!! Yeah...I am very happy with the rock. It was very alive! So far I haven't found any bad hitchhikers yet....that I know of. Although, I don't know what the Strange creature is. Hopefully somebody will see the pics/video and can tell me.

Also, I just update my signature....I installed a Hydor Koralia Nano a few days ago. The flow seems to be pretty good. I'll keep an eye on it...hopefully it will be enough.

Cool :) If you are getting a pistol shrimp make sure all your rock is set directly on the glass and not on top of the sand as they will dig underneath them.

Just posted pix of mine today. Try to get the pistol in the tank as close to where the goby hangs out as possible. Chances are pretty good that they will hook up. Don't be surprised if the cave it pix is in the back and you don't see it. Have fun. SH

Thanks xxBarneyxx......yup, I placed my LR directly on the glass and then put in the sand....

Thanks for the tip SH. Hopefully he will pick a place in front to hang out! This morning he moved to a little cave in front. Hopefully he stays there. I will probably wait at least a few days to put in a shrimp....after the goby a bit more comfortable being there.

Thanks again!!! Hopefully more pics coming soon.

Love the goby. The pistol/goby relationship sounds really interesting. I'm wondering though, how loud are pistols? Also, I'm wondering if anyone keeps them with cleaner shrimp... was starting to build a wishlist and thought about having both til I stumbled across this video :crazy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKPrGxB1Kzc

hey badlandz.....I saw that video too. Even though I thought it was staged....it still made me think.
Has anyone had any problems with pistol shrimps killing other shrimp or things in the tank? not sure how loud they are either...I guess I will find out if and when I get one. :crazy:

Good luck and enjoy. I'm sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread there. I prob should have made a new topic.

That's a different type of pistol to the sort that pairs with a watchman. I keep a cleaner shrimp and a pistol shrimp together, not issues so far.

Most reactions

Back