My New Hoplo Catfish

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

XFiSh_CichildX

Fish Herder
Reaction score
here is my new hoplo catfish i got today i love him i think hes great fun to watch im going to get too more in a week or too hopefully heres a pic hes infront of my bronze cory lol

100_0957.jpg

100_0956.jpg

hope you like him

He is a beautiful little creature! Only recently realised how gorgeous they are!! I sold the only little Hoplowe had in the shop today *sigh* idid sneak him into my display tank but was made to take him out again LOL

He is a beautiful little creature! Only recently realised how gorgeous they are!! I sold the only little Hoplowe had in the shop today *sigh* idid sneak him into my display tank but was made to take him out again LOL
ha i never took an interest in this type of catfish but they looked so cute he loves in the plants i think im goin to get him a mate or two

Hoplos are great catfish.

I had 2 that were out and about all the time. One died for reasons unknown. Now the surviving one hides all the time and I hardly ever see it.

I love these hoplo's I now have seven of them plus two little ones growing on in my daughters tank.. The largest one is maximum size I think at 7 inch.. he's always out as are all of them and I think they have real character..

Feed him on prima and tubifex cubes and he'll soon double in size.

I bought 5 late last year and now they are about 4 inches and very chunky

they are ace fish always active and so peaceful its untrue. They are like big upper level swimming corys in their behaviour

tank size is 750 litres. also have a shoal of 35 cories, I love cats in general and 11 clown loach... I'm always up to the armpit in water replanting after they all decide to pull em up... and I thought a 30 inch deep tank was a good idea :lol:

tank size is 750 litres. also have a shoal of 35 cories, I love cats in general and 11 clown loach... I'm always up to the armpit in water replanting after they all decide to pull em up... and I thought a 30 inch deep tank was a good idea :lol:
wow sounds good :good:

some thing like this

Attachments

• P2140700.JPG
    P2140700.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 94
now why doesn;t mine look like that!!

stunning mate :good:

Most reactions

Back