My new guppies!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

BigJfish12

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello,
Just got 1 male guppy and 2 female guppies today. The male is a dumb ear, one of the females are of the sunset colour variation and the second female is a lot plainer and not too sure what colour varient it is yet, maybe just a mutt guppy?
20231110_143757.jpg
20231110_143911.jpg
20231110_144103.jpg

I want to cry lol.
I love your guppies so much. I bet they are going to make some very pretty babies.
All my female guppies have passed to columnaris and i can't get more until febuary, so for now my male is so lonely.
I don't have an answer to your question sorry.

Yes guppies are very nice looking fish but are susceptible to diseases such as the one you mentioned due to thier inbreeding which is a drawback. And good luck with your new guppies when you get them. And thanks for your input :)

Hello,
Just got 1 male guppy and 2 female guppies today. The male is a dumb ear, one of the females are of the sunset colour variation and the second female is a lot plainer and not too sure what colour varient it is yet, maybe just a mutt guppy?View attachment 330276View attachment 330277View attachment 330278
He's a tuxedo mosaic guppy. Often sold as a dumbo ear but a real dumbo ear guppy has bigger pectoral fins. But because the pectoral fins with these fish are black, they stand out more than those translucent pectoral fins and that's why the commercial trade still calls them dumbo ear while in the serious guppy world, we won't call them dumbo ears. I need a better photo from the side to determine what phenotype the second female is. And preferable when the tail is not bend but just straight to see the pattern on it more clearly.

And another picture of the male because he looks so good. I know some you would have a lot better male guppies such as @emeraldking or @Sgooosh but I'm still pretty pleased with what I got :)
20231115_162336.jpg

I love the metalic sheen he gets when the light hits him properly you can't see it in this picture will try and get a better one soon. You can sort of see the metalic sheen i was referring to in one of the pictures on my first post for this thread. Hoping to get cherry shrimp tomorrow!

And another picture of the male because he looks so good. I know some you would have a lot better male guppies such as @emeraldking or @Sgooosh but I'm still pretty pleased with what I got :)
A guppy looks good if you think it looks good. Nothing can argue that...

Most reactions

Back