My New Fluval Edge Journal

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

hopefully will be quick like you said!! and yeah thats what was like with a previous tank i owned.... got use to fact it was lifeless then when it came to stocking i loved it :D how often do you feed them and how often do you test your water?

hopefully will be quick like you said!! and yeah thats what was like with a previous tank i owned.... got use to fact it was lifeless then when it came to stocking i loved it :D how often do you feed them and how often do you test your water?

I feed them in the morning and again at night. I'm currently testing the water every 12 hrs for nitrite and ammonia. Test nitrate in the mornings. In A week or so when I see the nitrate pattern I'll drop the testing to maybe once a day then once every few days. Just making sure I get no sudden spikes in ammonia or nitrate with adding 19 fish at once.

Touch wood so far so good. No ammonia or nitrite just nitrate which I cleared this morning with 90 litre W/C

sounds like its going well then mate, like you said just basically keep on top of it to begin with :D and been looking at your pics and vids, looking good pal very impressive :D

sounds like its going well then mate, like you said just basically keep on top of it to begin with :D and been looking at your pics and vids, looking good pal very impressive :D

It's been a work in progress but I keep seeing peoples aquascaping and think that looks awesome but iv changed the whole tank once so no changes for sometime lol. There are some amazing aquascaping out there but I need to learn the fish part and maintenance before I go into live plants etc.

My first ever tank but must say love it although the fish like hiding behind the big rocks unless its close to feeding time and they are out like a shot! Not looking forward to the sand vac having to remove all the stone to clean lol was easy with no fish but this time I'll have to do it with them in.

sure will be hard work but will be worth it pal, i loved my old juwal 60l until i had to get shut.... start back witht the edge and hopefully upgrade sometime either at home if i persuade my parents or when i find my own place

sure will be hard work but will be worth it pal, i loved my old juwal 60l until i had to get shut.... start back witht the edge and hopefully upgrade sometime either at home if i persuade my parents or when i find my own place

btw what temperature is the tank? put it to 29degrees for now to help the bacteria (lower it later date)

testing my water again soon.... btw has anyone any advice for further decorating the tank, it currently only has the actual oranment made for fluval edges with 2 plastic plants inserted? cheers

water testing results have come out the same again! grrr lol hopefully see a change soon :D

What are the results 8 again? Are you adding the ammonia and waiting? Just read your post from the start again. House hold ammonia good good.

You shouldn't really have more in the tank if we got it to 5ppm last night as there is nothing in the tank to give it more? No fish etc

no sorry the same as the other day after ther water change which was around 4ppm, its definitely household ammonia which i am using :D

Ahh get you now! It's hard when I'm using the iPad to flick back to see the info at the start and type something without loosing it when I go back haha least on a comp it's easier to copy my written info haha.

If it's still 4 will drop eventually :) just a waiting game thats the worst thing there seems to be variations in cycling times some people seem to fly through it whereas mine took forever

ok haha no probz, yeah knowing my look will probs take forever... ha but worth it in the long run for the succes of the tank and health of the fish

Most reactions

Back