My new filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GP

Orange
Reaction score
OK guys I just bought my new filter, and I need your advice if it will be good for 2 GSP in a 20 gallon.. It's an Aquaclear 200. I really like the Marinelands as I have one on my 6 gallon (the bio-wheel works wonders). I was wondering if I should get a marineland instead.

And I did pay 40$$ for this, and online it says it goes for 19. huh?!

40 dollars for an aquaclear 200 you got ripped off at petsmart you can get an aquaclear 300 for that price and online you can get an aquaclear 500 for that price. I would say go and return it if you can

:flex: ♂ Though you did pay too much, an AquaClear 200 is a great filter for a 20 gal. I've had AquaClear and Penguin Bio-Wheel, and like the AquaClear better. You can customize the filter media; You always want to keep the sponge in the filter basket, but then on top of it you can add 2 more media of your choice; charcoal, filter floss,
AmmoRid, phosphate remover, Chem Pure, or any of a wide variety of chemical or biological media. With the Penguin Bio-Wheel, you are really limited to their own replacement elements, which among other things have very little charcoal in them.
And you can't really add any other media to filter.
Stick with the AquaClear. Bio-Wheel is OK, but too limited for media, and I believe the concept of the Bio-Wheel providing the best biological filtration may be a little over-rated based on things I've read and talking to expert aquarists.

You should return it and get your money back. 8)

Daveo :flex:

If you purchased from petsmart, go online print the page with it for 19 bucks. Take it back with receipt, they are suppose to price match prior to sale, but if you show them receipt they should honor it, since it was purchased recently

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back