My New Designed Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

arobinson1984

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I started a seperate thread yesterday stating that today I was changing my tank from gravel to sand.

I did it all today, it took 1 & 1/2 hours with no problems whatsoever.

I got a free 30L polystyrene box from my local store store (QSS) and transferred all my fish into that with tank water, a 100w heater and my eheim air pump.

I wanted to change the tank so that it looked more natural as before it had a horrible shipwreck ornament etc etc

Below are some pics, the rock is just temporary until the wood has absorbed enough water to sink on its own.

I used argos play sand and cleaned it in a bucket, had no trouble with cloudy water or anything, turned on eheim external filter and sand wasnt even disturbed, brilliant.

Stupidly I forgot to take pics of the tank before I started the change :fun:

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

Andy

Looking very nice mate, one thing I would do, is remove the stone that is on top of the wood, and then place it underneath, you will really benefit from more plants also, lots of Anubias Crypts and Microsorum pteropus

The stones just temporarily holding the wood down until it sinks of its own accord, theres no chance of it moving so its not worth the effort of attaching it to the underneath for the short while.

Andy

isnt there a seperate location for fish tank pics etc

Yes there is a seperate section for pics etc but I just put this thread here because its a follow on thread from one I started yesterday.

Andy

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back