🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

orangefish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Female
004-1.jpg

Male
002.jpg

I bought them as a breeding pair, and I'm hoping that in the future they will breed although they are not staying together at all at the moment!

I just bought a pair too I'll race you to see who gets fry first! :lol:

Mine are double red what are yours?

I just bought a pair too I'll race you to see who gets fry first! :lol:

Mine are double red what are yours?

Haha ok! :L Mine are sunburst orange. How much did you pay- I don't know if mine were expensive.

I paid £10 for the pair which I didn't think was too much how much were yours?

Here are a couple of pics of mine....not fantastic I'm afraid just cleaned my filter out so water is a touch cloudy!

My boy
DSC_4365.jpg

My girl
DSC_4385.jpg

She's cleaning out caves and trying hard to get his attention but he's having none of it!!

Here are a couple of pics of mine....not fantastic I'm afraid just cleaned my filter out so water is a touch cloudy!

My boy
DSC_4365.jpg

My girl
DSC_4385.jpg

She's cleaning out caves and trying hard to get his attention but he's having none of it!!
£10 is a really good price ive paid between £14-19 for a pair of apisto.

My boy
DSC_4365.jpg

My girl
DSC_4385.jpg

Wow your pictures are amazing compared to mine! I think you are going to get babies before me then as mine are taking no interest in each other whatsoever :L I paid £12 each for mine :blush: I didn't realise I was paying a lot of money for them at the time. They are a good shop with helpful staff and healthy fish so I guess I'm paying for that, which I don't mind really.

Yup it's the service you pay for I got mine from ebay which is always a little of a risk...bunched them up with my friends order so I didn't have to pay any postage which was handy otherwise I would have had to pay £10 postage so yours weren't really that expensive considering.

:)

I don't know if it's just the pictures but are you sure that's a male and a female.... the first pic looks a little bit like a young male to me.

I don't know if it's just the pictures but are you sure that's a male and a female.... the first pic looks a little bit like a young male to me.

I have no idea! I was told by the shop that they were :L well the 'female' is a lot smaller, her colours are a lot less bright, and she only has the red colour on the end of her fins. That's the best I can do to describe her :/ I'm afraid I don't really know the difference- is there any particular features that I can look out for that might give the gender away, or a picture? Thanks

Its hard to see in the pic but it looks like the smaller once anal and dorsal fin are pointed which means it it most likely a young male. I had the same problem with my Agassizii I got them as a young pair and after a month or so ones fins grew and it started getting colour and ended up being a male and between this one and the older male i had they managed to kill my female.

Judging by the size, shape of fins, colour and markings I'd say the first pic was an young under developed male. But I'm not an apisto expert by any means.
It has the EXACT same pattern as the 2nd pic and the 2nd pic is definitely a male.
There is absolutely no yellow tint to the body at all when there should be if it was female.
The fins are slightly pointed/longer than I'd expect.
And the colouration (due to size/age) could easily still be developing.

Still...it could just be the picture and as I said I'm really no apisto expert.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back