FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Here is my new betta guys!! He is a Male Butterfly betta. I got him from Petco a few days ago:
Betta (3).JPG

Betta 2.JPG

He has been much more active and very hungry!!

I do have a question... he refuses to eat the betta pellets I have. He will eat SUPER small Omega One flakes. What should I do?

P.S. I don't have a name yet. Suggestions are welcome. :)

I had the same issue with feeding when I first got my last Betta. If you want him to eat the pellets, just feed him those. If he doesnt eat them in a few minutes, then remove them from the tank. The next day, repeat the above. Do this every day ... eventually he will get hungry enough to start eating the pellets and will look forward to his next serving of betta pellets from then on.

Last edited:
I had the same issue with feeding when I first got my last Betta. If you want him to eat the pellets, just feed him those. If he doesnt eat them in a few minutes, then remove them from the tank. The next day, repeat the above. Do this every day ... eventually he will get hungry enough to start eating the pellets and will look forward to eating them from then on.
Goo advice, thanks! :good:

I just like how he is so pretty. Any name suggestions?

@Deanasue, I promised better pictures. Here they are!! :wub:

Also going to be my new profile picture for a while. :nod:

I think he looks really good as my profile! :)

You could name him Israel . The flag of Israel is blue and white.
5ACFF8AE-7F1D-42FB-85D4-A8041956C043.jpeg

Last edited:
He's gorgeous :)

It's hard to tell from the photos but how big is your betta? If he's really small (ie very young) the pellets might be too big for him at the moment.

I've had bettas which would not eat soggy pellets - if the pellets got lost in the plants and he found them later he wouldn't eat them.
And I've had bettas which would not eat pellets unless there were soggy. With these I had to soak the pellets in a bit of tank water for a few minutes, then carefully lay them on the water surface with a pipette.

The things we do for our fish :lol:

It's hard to tell from the photos but how big is your betta? If he's really small (ie very young) the pellets might be too big for him at the moment.
He is definitely full size. It’s so much as a “To big” thing as a “refusing to eat” thing.

Good news guys! He ate 3 pellets last night! So happy he was able to eat some. :wub:

I will create a poll soon, with all of the names above. Although I especially like Azure and Israel. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back