My New Aqua One Aquanano 40 - Trials And Errors!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I thin you might have it set up wrong, although I'm not 100%.

The first compartment; on the right, if you're looking at the tank from the front, the one with the slits at the top, should have the sponge in it.

The middle one has your ceramic rings.

The one on the left should have a hole that the powerhead fits through, and the heater.

Thank you! I just changed it to that layout :) I thought something was wrong.

May I ask, does the powerhead just go straight to the hole? No other tubes or anything? 

fluttermoth said:
I thin you might have it set up wrong, although I'm not 100%.

The first compartment; on the right, if you're looking at the tank from the front, the one with the slits at the top, should have the sponge in it.

The middle one has your ceramic rings.

The one on the left should have a hole that the powerhead fits through, and the heater.

Mine has little tube that goes in from the tank side to hold the powerhead still (I'm not sure if it's 100% necessary though!).

Thanks! Well the powerhead seems steady in mine... I guess I'll leave it as is, unless someone says it is necessary to have an extra pipe? :/

No, I'm sure it's fine without; I just wasn't sure if the suckers would be enough to hold it :)

Here is my first miserable and amusing attempt at aquascaping
sad.png
lol. I am really going to have to plan instead of have some vague idea and plonking in some driftwood.

Not sure why the image is rotated :/

Attachments

• photo-17.jpg
    photo-17.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 283
Okay, looking better now!
smile.png
Still got a long way to go but it's a start.

Attachments

• aquascape in progress.jpg
    aquascape in progress.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 276
Its looking good! Needs another plant such as a crypt in the right hand back corner

I've found this a really difficult tank to aquascape; I think cubes (and corners) just are!

I also have the problem that mine is on my bedside table, so I need to have it looking good from two angles, and my dwarf emerald rasboras are quite shy, but also quite territorial!

Mine started off with black sand, but I found it too dark and have playsand now (even though it shows all the poop; this tank is also my 15 yr old clown plec's 'retirement home').

Oddly, I've ended up doing something similar to yours, with wood and anubias, excpet mine's a lot more crowded!

I'm looking forward to seeing how this tank progresses.

I have the 22 litre one for a betta, but do like this make of tank, and although I have an upgrade for him, I keep a look out for a second hand one of these :D

Thank you guys ^^

It has a way to go yet. And I agree, it does pose a lot of challenges having a cubed tank.

Another dilemma I have is, I would like to put plant carpeting on the bottom, but since I'm getting corydoras it's not a good idea - they need sand.

Here's an update of my tank. Added 2 new plant species and another rock. At the moment it looks weird. I'm thinking to get a whole lot of rocks and cover them in java moss to create a more lively effect. 

Attachments

• aquascape update.jpg
    aquascape update.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 275
A photo of the same stuff but arranged a little better.

I plan to add more rocks covered in java moss too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 225

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back