My New Angelfish...

CTlovesKS

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dorset
My new angelfish I brought yesturday...

DSC00572.jpg


What morph is it and what sex ?
 
very pretty!

and i say Male; just a stab in the dark :P
 
Yes its only a baby and I got it from LFS for around £3 which I thought was a bargian...

How can you tell the sex though ?
 
So I wont know intill i get another one so they can breed. Im not bothered about the sex as Im not breeding them anyways.
 
Ask Tolak. He knows everything there is to know about angelfish.
 
I've heard that it's near impossible to tell the sex of an angelfish? Buy 6 and wait for them to pair off.
 
Looks like a Koi to me. As others have mentioned, the only true way to sex one is to wait until they've paired off and spawned. The male's breeding tube is pointy while the female's is larger and more blunt. Obviously the female will be the one laying the eggs too. :)

I have heard that mature males can develop a hump on their head. Not ALL Angels will have this hump, so it's not a reliable way to sex (i.e. if it doesn't have one you can't just assume it's a female), but if there is one then it's a male.
 
Well as stated above im not that bothered about its sex as "it" will be on his own and will not been with another male or female as dont have room for the spawn and dont want them getting too aggressive. Is Koi the morph ?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top