My new additions

Jonathan1985

Reaction score
Ok.. so after some careful planning and lots of research I decided to enter the world of puffers :D

Always liked puffers and wandered into my local pets shop to find nothing special, but just as I was leaving a man walked in carrying a big polystyrene box.. so I toddled back inside to see what they had, had delivered and too my delight was a bag of Green Spotted Puffers :)

I knew I had to have some, so I enquired about them and was told that they weren't for sale until the next morning.

I went back the next day and picked out the two puffers I wanted, not grey areas on the belly, good colours, unfortunately couldn't see them eating so had to just chance this one.

I've got them at my g/f's now and they're adorable, they're currently exploring they're new home, which is destined for a big planting session next week.

Here's a really bad pic of one of them.. should have some better ones this week:

puffer.JPG

nice, i wuz looking at those a while back but decided against it cuz I didn't wanna run a brackish tank.

Hmmmm, here's an idea :*) What's the SG supposed to be for them? Can they go full Marine? :dunno:

i'd not invest too heavily in plants; GSP need a fairly heavy amount of salt in their water and plants don't do so hot in those conditions. what size tank do you have them in? they get to be about 6" and two adult GSP need a 55g tank.

(when fully adult, the GSP really ought to be in a full marine SG.)

Well I'm already aware that they will end up in a fully marine tank, which the girlfriend is looking forward too as she wants a marine tank, a seperate one of course for other fish.

The two of them are presently in a 15G tank, but aren't even an 2 inches long yet, but I should be moving house soon so will be looking into maybe an 80 or 120G tank.

The fish are presently in fresh water, with a couple of tablespoons of aquarium salt in to help them settle in as they came from a FW tank at the petstore.

Any clue as to where is the best place to look for a meter to test the salt level in the tank in the UK? Hydrometer?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back