My name is Ravenes and I’m looking for stocking suggestions

Ravenes

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have 4 White skirt tetras and a single black and white angelfish was wondering if I could add some color to the bottom of my tank with corys or at least a pair of rams, thanks for reading. My tank is 30 gallon tall. My dimensions should be at least(ballparking it) 24x12x25. I’m from California which is a desert mostly so it does get hot and the water is pretty hard in water quality

Hi Ravenes. First of all welcome to the forums. I'm not sure about rams but I would think some corys would work. 30 gallons is a pretty good sized tank. You have come to the right place. There are plenty of friendly people here that should be able to help.

Hi Ravenes. First of all welcome to the forums. I'm not sure about rams but I would think some corys would work. 30 gallons is a pretty good sized tank. You have come to the right place. There are plenty of friendly people here that should be able to help.
Thx I just want ideas to stock my tank what should I do?

:hi:
Welcome to TFF. Lots of helpful, knowledgeable members here to answer your questions.
Hope you participate in our contests. Right now voting has started in our Tank of the Month contest. Please vote. You can view the entries by clicking on the banner at the top of the forums.
Enjoy the forums.

What is the water hardness? (available from your water provider). Is your tanks fully cycled? How long has it been set up? Post a pic or two of your tank.
Someone should respond within the next few hours..

Last edited:
:hi:
Welcome to TFF. Lots of helpful, knowledgeable members here to answer your questions.
Hope you participate in our contests. Right now voting has started in our Tank of the Month contest. Please vote. You can view the entries by clicking on the banner at the top of the forums.
Enjoy the forums.

What is the water hardness? (available from your water provider). Is your tanks fully cycled? How long has it been set up? Post a pic or two of your tank.
Someone should respond within the next few hours..
My tank has been fully cycled as for the water quality I’m not to sure due to COVID and as for the pictures...

Attachments

• 2A7A6E15-E99B-4CF7-A356-637E1F97F6D4.jpeg
    2A7A6E15-E99B-4CF7-A356-637E1F97F6D4.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 88
Look up your water hardness on your water supplier's website and post it here so member here can better advise you.

That is on the lower end of what is considered to be hard water. You might consider smaller corydoras like maybe Trilineatus (also known as false cories), or perhaps spotted cory or salt and pepper cories. The latter two are hardier in my experience. A group of 6 would be good in your sized tank. You should have a sand substrate for cories, not pebbles or gravel.
What are your other test readings like PH, nitrates, ammonia, and nitrates?
Wait for some more input on this before going out and buying fish. Give it a day or so.

Last edited:
You're not appearing rude at all...just seeking advice.
Yes...gravel can damage their barbels and they are much more comfortable on sand. They like to pick through the sand for left over flakes or other food that rests on the surface.

Better still golden barbs would be great, a little bigger and the color would contrast well with the skirts

Ah ok. I know my ph is high because of the hardness of water. I tried something to lower ph before and it never worked. I know my nitrates are low because this tank has cycled for years now. Idk about nitrites and ammonia. This tank is old.

It’s best not to use additives to change the ph.. stock with fish that can live in your water conditions.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back