My guppy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kyshiara

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello! A while back, I brought two male guppies. One of them died, and now I have just one.
Whenever I buy new fish, they all die and I get on to the cycle of all my fish dieing AGAIN, so I decided not to get him another friend as he seemed fine by himself.

I also have four zebra danios. I should probably make that five. The guppy has turned into a danio. Not in terms of appearance, but it eats, moves, and acts like a danio. You know how danios have little fights where they circle each other, well, the guppy does that with them. It's hilarious.

The danios don't seem to mind one bit. I think they like having another friend.

I thought I would share this to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Attachments

• 16608989339096198130327496557324.jpg
    16608989339096198130327496557324.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
My mon once had guppies and she got a ton of fry. Oh well, I got one fry from her to raise in a container and a few months later all her guppies were dead. The guppy fry I got turned out to be a beautiful male. But it was all alone, living in an unfiltered container. Well, I decided to put it in my ram tank. And after it year, it had become a ram. Still alive today, 4,5 years old :)

I have a blue Wagtail Platy who thinks its a Ram.

This situation is not helped by the Ram who protects it like crazy if anyone dare approach the Platy and positively encourages the Platy to behave like a Ram.

A weird and strange BFF arrangement, but I won't split them up, they are both inseparable from each other...eat, swim and sleep side by side for almost 2 years now.

A lot of fish can adapt themselves to other fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back