My Guppy Fry :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ellieabbott4 said:

Here is one I couldn't resist from my lfs

Of course you couldn't Ellie... what a pretty boy !

Ellieabbott4 said:
New pictures. The first picture is one of my new additions, ive already got one baby from him that has the same colours. fingers crossed for more. furhter down is my spotty tail guppies, their tails are just getting bigger and bigger. Also some lovely orange guppies have come through in one of my batches of fry.

very pretty fish... respeck

The purple hues on the males are just extravagantly gorgeous!  The male with the purple bits on his body and the green tail with black spots is a stunner. What a prize fish. Great journal, keep on posting :)

I dont blame you for not resisting that black shiny lfs guppy, i would almost consider scooping him up if i saw him and i all i have are platies (platies 4 life, yo). I hope we see some fry from him sometime. 

I've got a few pictures of one of his fry. I'm not to sure why there wasn't any others. This one was the only one that turned out like this. He is pink! I've put him in a seperate tank now with some virgin females so I'm hoping to get some more just like him:

How beautiful! And I guess there is two of us around now :p

Love these colorings, and I dont even love fancy tailed guppies, but how stunning!

Also, do you just inbreed or croos hybrids as well? I ask this because if you want to sell, inbreeding can make gentic problems occur (Im sure you already know)

I do have a bit of inbreeding going on but so far (fingers crossed) I haven't had that many problems. I had a few wonky spines but that's it so far. I got rid of them before they grew up. Most guppies these days are inbred anyway, that's how you get the mixture of colours. I do like to add a few new females every few months and give some of my others a break from breeding

How do your guppies grow so fast? My guppies were born late November and now, the second or third week of January, they are the same size! The only difference is that 3 of them have grown a bit more and have a single black spot on their tail, probably color. I have fed them Hikari First Bites since they were finished with the yolk sac.

I make sure I keep the water in tip top condition. I've never used the first bites food, I've always just crushed up he normal food that I feed the adults. I crush up tetra pro colour and tetra prima. Mine grow so fast I can see the difference in them weekly. And currently I've got a male that's colouring up and i can see the changes in him daily. He looks like he is going to be some sort of tiger endler :)

beautifull endler mixes and pintail and the blue one... omg, they are all so beautifull I could watch tham whole day *-*.
I wish there were guppys like this in my country :/

just a few more pictures of the little endlers, first is my metal pink endler, he loves to show off and 'dance' for the ladies, and second is the little tiger endler that i could see a few faint black lines on and now he looks completly stunning as all his colours have come through:

I love tigers, and have some myself, but that pink guy is stunning as well

Nice fish

So woke up this morning and I've got 4 fry in my tank, who will the dad be? Pink metal head? Or tiger endler? Only time will tell. And also I got some carbon rili shrimp and they have berried already, I can't wait to have shrimplets as well.

Little update, two fry look like they will be male metal pink endlers. I've had another female give birth to about 30 babies and they are now a week old so again only time will tell what colour they will be. Also my shrimp had her babies and I managed to get a picture of one, it was tiny and not sure how I even saw it hiding on the filter sponge.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back