My guppy fry had this in its mouth? What it is?

click to vote now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month

biofish

Fishaholic
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
One of my guppy fry whose a couple months old was swimming with this in his mouth. He’s in a 10 gallon with his siblings and some Cory catfish. Other than adding a new piece of driftwood that was boiled, nothing has changed in that tank.

It’s not wiggling or anything like I would expect of a worm. It’s awfully large too and I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve never seen any worms on their poop or anything and haven’t had any recent deaths in the tank. But I have no idea what it is. The white park is rim rod straight. It bends but pops right back into its previous shapes and I don’t know what the brown thing is.
D11DC5B8-C036-4DA7-AFC2-D43A9216B022.jpeg

I squeezed the white thing and it squirted a white mucus???
3DFA5E82-D7E9-41D4-8224-AA50CA04D04F.jpeg

The guppy dropped it the moment I put my hand in the tank. Help

connorlindeman

The Past Master
3x Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
One of my guppy fry whose a couple months old was swimming with this in his mouth. He’s in a 10 gallon with his siblings and some Cory catfish. Other than adding a new piece of driftwood that was boiled, nothing has changed in that tank.

It’s not wiggling or anything like I would expect of a worm. It’s awfully large too and I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve never seen any worms on their poop or anything and haven’t had any recent deaths in the tank. But I have no idea what it is. The white park is rim rod straight. It bends but pops right back into its previous shapes and I don’t know what the brown thing is. View attachment 163178
I squeezed the white thing and it squirted a white mucus???View attachment 163179

The guppy dropped it the moment I put my hand in the tank. Help
Wear gloves!! 😱

Most reactions

trending

Staff online