My guppy fry had this in its mouth? What it is?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

biofish

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
One of my guppy fry whose a couple months old was swimming with this in his mouth. Heā€™s in a 10 gallon with his siblings and some Cory catfish. Other than adding a new piece of driftwood that was boiled, nothing has changed in that tank.

Itā€™s not wiggling or anything like I would expect of a worm. Itā€™s awfully large too and Iā€™ve never seen anything like it. Iā€™ve never seen any worms on their poop or anything and havenā€™t had any recent deaths in the tank. But I have no idea what it is. The white park is rim rod straight. It bends but pops right back into its previous shapes and I donā€™t know what the brown thing is.
D11DC5B8-C036-4DA7-AFC2-D43A9216B022.jpeg

I squeezed the white thing and it squirted a white mucus???
3DFA5E82-D7E9-41D4-8224-AA50CA04D04F.jpeg

The guppy dropped it the moment I put my hand in the tank. Help

One of my guppy fry whose a couple months old was swimming with this in his mouth. Heā€™s in a 10 gallon with his siblings and some Cory catfish. Other than adding a new piece of driftwood that was boiled, nothing has changed in that tank.

Itā€™s not wiggling or anything like I would expect of a worm. Itā€™s awfully large too and Iā€™ve never seen anything like it. Iā€™ve never seen any worms on their poop or anything and havenā€™t had any recent deaths in the tank. But I have no idea what it is. The white park is rim rod straight. It bends but pops right back into its previous shapes and I donā€™t know what the brown thing is. View attachment 163178
I squeezed the white thing and it squirted a white mucus???View attachment 163179

The guppy dropped it the moment I put my hand in the tank. Help
Wear gloves!! šŸ˜±

Most reactions

Back