My Fishless Cycle (Add And Wait Method)

I need to resist the temptation to read your thread. So many nice fish !!!! I can't take it anymore HEEEEEEEEEELP !!!! LOL

I need to resist the temptation to read your thread. So many nice fish !!!! I can't take it anymore HEEEEEEEEEELP !!!! LOL

Cheers Liverbird36 :good:

I have 26 fish and 7 shrimp and today got the nicest bunch of java moss from a guy on that aquarist-classified site and in doing so found the easiest way to make a grass carpet affect with the help of some clay rings.

I'm saving to get a 4ft tank (which may take a bit of time lol) Want to do that one as a planted one. A bit of a challenge me thinks

:lol

I've stopped looking at aquariums because I found a black glass 400L (name eludes me at the moment) and the price will require a good amount of saving as it's over two grand so for now, I'm just going to enjoy my juwel.

Day 1 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Between 5-10ppm
Day 2 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Between 5-10ppm
Day 3 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm PH: 7.5 Nitrate: Between 5-10ppm
Day 4 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Between 5-10ppm
Day 5 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Not tested
Day 6 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Not tested
Day 7 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Between 10-20ppm Ph 7.5

I'm in a bit of a panic here guys :no:

Day 1 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Between 5-10ppm
Day 2 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Between 5-10ppm
Day 3 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm PH: 7.5 Nitrate: Between 5-10ppm
Day 4 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Between 5-10ppm
Day 5 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Not tested
Day 6 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Not tested
Day 7 Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrate: Between 10-20ppm Ph 7.5

I'm in a bit of a panic here guys :no:

Is that because of the Nitrate level ?? When was your last water change ??

your nitrate is ok at that level, as you have added a whole load of fish within days, you are expected to have some kind of spike :good:

water changes are the key, i would do 50% every 2 days.

Why would you do 50% every 2 days? Thats well over the top! I do 30% a week. Your nitrate is fine... you havn't got any particularly sensisitve fish. Especially seeing as doing all those waterchanges would make it kind of pointless in doing a fishless cycle to such extent.

Is that because of the Nitrate level ?? When was your last water change ??

No no :lol:

My nitrate levels are well with the boundaries of what I expected them to reach within a week! If they had been over 40ppm or even on treading there abouts then I might panic but borderline 20 is ok Especially since today is 30% water change day :good:

I am in trouble as one of my females have given birth. I'm not sure which and exactly how many are in the aquarium. Whoever it is they are only young. I blame the parents :lol:

Go here for more:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/336495-so-overnight-i-became-a-father-help/

Why would you do 50% every 2 days? Thats well over the top! I do 30% a week. Your nitrate is fine... you havn't got any particularly sensisitve fish. Especially seeing as doing all those waterchanges would make it kind of pointless in doing a fishless cycle to such extent.

only a suggestion, if the op is not comfortable :good:

although the op does know nitrates are not an issue at that level, not sure why he panicked

:lol: You can't blame them... I bet its like having steak! (I hope they havn't been eaten now) :look:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back