My Fish Aren't Happy.

sneezy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I don't know what i am doing wrong.

After doing a fishless cycle I stocked my 60l with 8 rummynoses and 10 black neon tetras. To start with the black neons seemed quite happy but the rummynoses stayed hidden but assumed because they were sensitive fish that they would take a while to settle in.

Now 3 months later they all spend most of their time hiding at the back next to the heater. The black neons come out occassionally for a swim around the tank but I never see the rummynoses out at all. They just don't seem very happy. :sad:

I have a fluval 3+ internal filter. Stats are Am 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 20-40. Temp is 79.


I have tried adjusting the filter outlet flow, changing round plants + decor but they still hide at the back.

has anyone got any ideas. I just want happy fish
 
edited because i just saw wot i asked lol but wots ur PH m8 and is there any signs of illness?



jen
 
Ph is 8 which is the same as they were bred in so normal for them and no sign of illness. rummys actually look very bright with really red noses
 
You might try a new approach and give them lots of hiding places. When the fish know there is a good hiding place nearby, they will often come out in the open because they know they can get under cover quickly if they need to.
 
Sometimes when my fish arent happy, I rearrange the tank into a more different way to make it look more different, and cooler. My fish seem to enjoy it alot afterwards.

I was told also that zebra danios in a school are highly active and run around alot. It might help encourage your other fish. (Not 100% sure.) :blush:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top