My first tank recreation!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Neleono

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am so incredibly exited to begin my new project! I am planning to completely remake my 29gal tall tank in a completely natural way. When I first built the tank about 2 years ago, I made the tank using a few plants but I added a huge coral structure that now I realize is quite ugly. After the unfortunate loss of my large algae eater, who liked to rip up the plants in the tank, I decided there was nothing holding me back from beginning the prosses. My plan is to completely drain and gut the tank and remake it. However, that's my first problem... I've never done this before so I really have no idea what I'm doing. I currently have ten fish in the tank, 4 platies and 6 neon tetras. While I am clearing it out and remaking it, what should I do with them? I don't currently have a backup tank, and especially not one that could hold all of them for the period I would need to make the tank. That is my first main roadblock in the process but I know there will be more to come. If anyone has any experience with doing this, help is more than welcomed! I will be making many posts on this thread as I make progress to the final product with many more questions sure to come! I haven't even started talking about all of the things I might use to make the tank so there is likely much more to come. Thanks, and have a good day!

Nele

I am so incredibly exited to begin my new project! I am planning to completely remake my 29gal tall tank in a completely natural way. When I first built the tank about 2 years ago, I made the tank using a few plants but I added a huge coral structure that now I realize is quite ugly. After the unfortunate loss of my large algae eater, who liked to rip up the plants in the tank, I decided there was nothing holding me back from beginning the prosses. My plan is to completely drain and gut the tank and remake it. However, that's my first problem... I've never done this before so I really have no idea what I'm doing. I currently have ten fish in the tank, 4 platies and 6 neon tetras. While I am clearing it out and remaking it, what should I do with them? I don't currently have a backup tank, and especially not one that could hold all of them for the period I would need to make the tank. That is my first main roadblock in the process but I know there will be more to come. If anyone has any experience with doing this, help is more than welcomed! I will be making many posts on this thread as I make progress to the final product with many more questions sure to come! I haven't even started talking about all of the things I might use to make the tank so there is likely much more to come. Thanks, and have a good day!

Nele
Hi! very excited to see how it goes.
ph gh kh?
livebearers of your type are usually not put with neons beacuse of ph and gh difference.
but if they have been in there for generations, the arguments come in....
anyway!
waht type of filter
do you have a 5 gallon bucket?

if filter can fit on the bucket or in it(canister)
put fish with tank water in there and do the tank meanwhile.

ill add more later

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back