My First Spawn Of S. Lacerdai

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Coryologist

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Greetings. When Mr. Fuller visited me in late June he was kind enough to bring me a group of 7 S. lacerdai. About a week ago I was saddened to see that one had died. On friday, I was even more distraught to find another dead one. Both deaths occurred after moving the group into a tank in a lower and slightly cooler part of the fish room. So much for my making things better.

Ian had encouraged me to make sure that there was strong water current striking the glass as this is where his group generally laid their eggs. After disposing of the second dead fish I examined the tank for any other sick or dead fish and did not find any. What I did find were approximately 40 eggs, all viable, but nowhere near where I thought I would find them when laid.

This morning, the same group deposited 30 more eggs, directly where the water flow from the HOB filter was striking the glass.

This is a beautiful group of fish that I am so happy and proud to have in my fish room and I cannot thank Ian enough for his incredible generosity for bringing me this species. Cheers. - Frank

That's wonderful news, Coryologist! :yahoo:

Of course, I had to run to Planet Catfish to see what they were like and was surprised to see that they are rather small fish. How cool! I am looking forward to seeing their progress in the future.

That's wonderful news, Coryologist! Of course, I had to run to Planet Catfish to see what they were like and was surprised to see that they are rather small fish. How cool! I am looking forward to seeing their progress in the future.
Thanks, Inchy. I will attempt to post a picture in the next day or two. I currently have juvenile C. baderi and juvenile C. julii (real ones) in the photo tank and they are next on my list to shoot, today. Cheers. - Frank

P.S. Yes - a dwarf Scleromystax. How unbelievably cool, is that? lol.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back