My First Horse Buck And Ride On The Neck

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

comocrayfish5

Fish Addict
Reaction score
so today i went for a trail ride today with my friend and at then end of the ride we always do a little work in the field behind her house. i am just leaning how to canter and still have a lot to learn. before we are done riding we decide to canter together. so we canter and then apparently her horse bucks (she was behind me so i didnt know) them my horse (who is always really good) bucks-my first buck- which throws me over the horn and there i am hanging on the the neck at a fast canter for dear life. i am pulling on the rein trying to stop and i see we are going into an area with trees and im like 'oh greaaat..' then we finally stop. i get off of her neck and i am just laughing like crazy
rofl.gif
of course my body is telling my to cry so i start getting tears in my eyes and i can stop laughing still. my friend comes over laughing and then i get back on the horse and we are walking around the field laughing and i can't stop getting all tear-y eyed for some reason. it was quite the ride. after i did go into the canter again
good.gif

You did the best thing getting straight back :good: I wish I had the last time I went riding- horse went crazy on me and I should have gone riding the next day. I didn't and it's now been 7 years since I rode last >.<

The tears were probably just a bit of shock :) Such a wonderful experience though, isn't it?

Hahah neck riding! I always had a habit of having my legs too far back when learning to canter and in the school with 5 others, i ended up falling forwards over the pony's neck, lost my stirrups and had my arms and legs round ponies neck more scared of getting trampled by the pony and 5 right behind me!!

I ended up letting go with my legs and running backwards before falling and my pony stood on my arm but being so small it just bruised and the others managed to miss me LOL. My riding instructor was scary as heck! Yelled at me for nearly hurting the pony and made me go catch her and get back on. Good thing really, she knew i wasnt hurt, just shocked and i might well have given up there!

I havent ridden in years because of bad joints though am planning to start in the new year!

Funniest one was when I was out with my mum and we were cantering in single file and I was going straight on and my pony decided to take the path to the left and we parted ways LOL I hit the tree dividing the path and fell into a holly bush butt first which certainly made me howl!! Pony stopped and kept nudging me and my mum fell off her horse (from standstill!) purely because she was laughing so hard! Said it was most comical thing she had ever seen!

sometime i can get the hang of cantering and other times i am all over the place (which is quite scary!). today i found a bruise on my rib from the horn. i am excited to ride again and at the same time not very. i told my friend that i am going to learn on a lunge line first!!
thumbs-up.gif

im sure you know this but the "horn"i called a pommel
good.gif

a pony i was riding was doing fine and then...*flick* out of nowhere she just kicked and bucked and reared for almost exactly the time of a rodeo! imanaged to stayon and at the time i ws 10. so she stopped and i was still there ad then we just kept trotting it was actulllay kinda fun in a way.lol

i will keep trying. i thought i would never learn how to post, but now i can (though i am not always perfect at it)

sometimes i can do really good posting but usually i get off beat, its enough to be annoying but not hurt

Sounds to me like sitting trot rather than rising trot.

Couldnt keep my butt in the saddle for long and then discovered i could on other horses, spent years thinking it was me but the pony i rode had the bounciest stride and also twisted her spine as she did so which made it impossible to sit to.

I thought it might have been sitting trot, but thought id check :)

Get someone to lunge you (of its called that in american hehe) with no stirrups, easiest way to learn I would say

posting is when you come out of the saddle when trotting. when i canter next i plan to be on a lunge line and then after i am off that i will try to work on speed control :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back