My favourite derpy snail •——•

Kascopic

New Member
Joined
May 22, 2018
Messages
27
Reaction score
6
Points
3
I like him, not quite sure what kind of snail tho cause I got him as a replacement from a pet store i originally bought a nerite snail from. The guy who fished him I don’t think knew what a nerite snail looked like. Someone wanna identify him for me?

Here Ye go, I’ve named he/she my lil sea cow :}
 

Attachments

  • 4BC6DD87-2524-405B-A279-CDEC0B5EA5D5.webp
    4BC6DD87-2524-405B-A279-CDEC0B5EA5D5.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 197D409C-30DC-47EF-AE5A-F4480A59DCE8.webp
    197D409C-30DC-47EF-AE5A-F4480A59DCE8.webp
    124.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 17B390A8-A34C-4DB1-A5A0-520288CD2621.webp
    17B390A8-A34C-4DB1-A5A0-520288CD2621.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 582FEE3F-C5E7-4FA3-9D10-DB9FA627DC5E.webp
    582FEE3F-C5E7-4FA3-9D10-DB9FA627DC5E.webp
    86.2 KB · Views: 275
Is it a ramshorn? Definitely not a nerite.
 
Is it a ramshorn?
I don’t think so, he has a trapdoor kind of thing going for him and I have rams horns in my other tank, also he has a broader shell

Also, Amano shrimp with eggs :)
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    83 KB · Views: 218
That is an assasin+ramshorn crossbreed. The local term is whirpool snails. I have a few in my snail farm.
 
He looks like a cross breed, between a Mystery snail, and a apple snail. :) He is really cool looking! :)
 
Well, I guess we better not get in the snail business. Lol!
 
Well, I guess we better not get in the snail business. Lol!

No, I think that's cleared up nicely.
Sold as a nerite but is actually a mystery/apple/ramshorn/assassin.
Simple! :rofl:
 
He looks like a cross breed, between a Mystery snail, and a apple snail. :) He is really cool looking! :)

A mystery snail is an apple snail. Americans use the name mystery snail while Europeans (and Australians?) call them apple snails.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top