My Electric Blue Acara is acting up weirdly... HELP!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lazarusthefishboy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I recently got an electric blue accra, two actually, but one of them keeps hanging at the top in a weird stance shown in the pictures!
I checked the water parameters and the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate etc. and it's all fine.
I have entirely peaceful fish in the tank with it, so if you know what could be happening or know how to fix this please tell me!
Thanks and have a great day!

Attachments

• IMG_4287.jpg
    IMG_4287.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4289.JPG
    IMG_4289.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 77
Need a bit more info than that :)

What are your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings? What is your ph and how hard is your water?

Are the two getting on or have you noticed them fighting? Do you have enough hiding spaces for them to go to? How big is the tank? I was a bit stumped until I re-read your post and saw you have 2. This can often be the behavior of a fish that is trying to hide because of aggresion from other fish.

Wills

I would say stress from being picked on by the other one or another fish in the tank. Move it into a different tank and see how it does.

Sadly I just came home from school to see it dead. I think that was the case, so best to have more hiding places if I two or more. Thanks for the help guys!
The tank is 20 gallons tall. All the other fish have not been picking on it besides the other acara, and I'll test the water tomorrow so I can get an updated answer.
Have a great day guys and thanks for the help!

Sadly I just came home from school to see it dead. I think that was the case, so best to have more hiding places if I two or more. Thanks for the help guys!
The tank is 20 gallons tall. All the other fish have not been picking on it besides the other acara, and I'll test the water tomorrow so I can get an updated answer.
Have a great day guys and thanks for the help!
20 gallons is way too small for one of these let alone two. Need at least 40 gallons but 55 plus ideally

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back