My duck just ate this...

Barry Tetra

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
My duck just ate the metal spring, I have to bring my duck to vet friends (im a vet in training too)

Attachments

Deanasue

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Hope all is OK.

CryptFan

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Was she choking? If one of my ducks ate that, I wouldn’t of worried. They eat anything and everything.

OP
Barry Tetra

Barry Tetra

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Was she choking? If one of my ducks ate that, I wouldn’t of worried. They eat anything and everything.
No, that thing pierced through her tongue. Serious questions; why do they like styrofoam???

CryptFan

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
No, that thing pierced through her tongue. Serious questions; why do they like styrofoam???
Oh, I have no idea, they must like the little pieces that come off of it. If too much is eaten it can kill them though.

OP
Barry Tetra

Barry Tetra

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Oh, I have no idea, they must like the little pieces that come off of it. If too much is eaten it can kill them though.
They have eating this for 5 years and they are just fine, whenever i throw styrofoam to trash, they keep picking it up even though I hide it....

Colin_T

Reaction score
I like ducks so I hope she does all right.

Any animal that swollews a metal spring is in trouble. The spring can block the intestine or puncture any part of the digestive tract and kill the animal. It's good she didn't actually swallow it and it only got stuck on her tongue.

Try not to let them eat polystyrene foam, it's really bad for them.

Colin_T

Reaction score
One of my dogs ate the sleeve off a t-shirt. It came out a couple of days later but she needed a helping hand to get it out. It wasn't much fun but people in the neighbourhood thought it was hilarious.

The joke was "wtf are feeding your dog to make it poop clothing?"

Fishmanic

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
One of my dogs ate the sleeve off a t-shirt. It came out a couple of days later but she needed a helping hand to get it out. It wasn't much fun but people in the neighbourhood thought it was hilarious.

The joke was "wtf are feeding your dog to make it poop clothing?"
maybe if you feed it a few balls of yarn, it will poop out a nice sweater d:D

JuiceBox52

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
My friends dog wouldn't stop eating rocks. She had three different surgeries to remove ones that got stuck. She has to be muzzled when going on walks or she will eat another in 2 seconds flat!