My Dp Tank Setup..

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
Just a few pictures of the tank that I am doing for the Dwarf Puffers:

The tank cost me £15:
29fxdlv.jpg


A nice peice of driftwood, like a cave on the bottom, cot me £3.95:
8xptag.jpg


The coral sand, cost me £4.50:
35jdxko.jpg


Large peice of wood, think its bog wood. had for a while:
2wqsyt2.jpg


I had the rest of the stuff from previous tanks, finished product:
wwjcjl.jpg


There are quite a few hiding places although they are not visible. Now im waiting for the filter,heater and light then I can start the cycle.

Heater - ELITE AQUARIUM 25w = £8.95
Filter - Aqua Pro Aquarium Internal Filter M200 5W 45L Fish Tank = £7.10
Light - W Aquarium Fish Tank White Light Lamp Free Angle = £10.99

Opinions please :good:
 
Just a few pictures of the tank that I am doing for the Dwarf Puffers:

The tank cost me £15:
29fxdlv.jpg


A nice peice of driftwood, like a cave on the bottom, cot me £3.95:
8xptag.jpg


The coral sand, cost me £4.50:
35jdxko.jpg


Large peice of wood, think its bog wood. had for a while:
2wqsyt2.jpg


I had the rest of the stuff from previous tanks, finished product:
wwjcjl.jpg


There are quite a few hiding places although they are not visible. Now im waiting for the filter,heater and light then I can start the cycle.

Heater - ELITE AQUARIUM 25w = £8.95
Filter - Aqua Pro Aquarium Internal Filter M200 5W 45L Fish Tank = £7.10
Light - W Aquarium Fish Tank White Light Lamp Free Angle = £10.99

Opinions please :good:

you will need to plant heavier

how many dp's are you going to have? 1?
 
Lol, is it sad that I thought that piece of driftwood was really really pretty? I'm thinking it probably is... :blush:

Anyways, looking good :good:, although if I'm right you're gonna need WAY more plant coverage than that for 2 DP's?
 
I was aiming for two, there are much more hiding places that are visible, 2 big caves etc.
 
Yeah I got the driftwood today, I loved it :P

Hmm, Could anyone do me a favour - Find a nice plastic plant that would help it out on ebay?

Oh - And that plant in the right hand corner is actually a really large plastic plant and covers most of the tank behind that wood.
 
Yeah I got the driftwood today, I loved it :P

Hmm, Could anyone do me a favour - Find a nice plastic plant that would help it out on ebay?

Oh - And that plant in the right hand corner is actually a really large plastic plant and covers most of the tank behind that wood.


should be ok then :good:
 
Well, I have a another fairly large plastic plant - So I will get the DP's and if there is war, I will put more plants in there.
 
Just the two dwarfs. Is there anything else you recommend with them?


the only other things are otto's and shrimp, i am going to try both of these, it depends on the temperament of the fish, usually they will be fine, coz they will learn that the otto's deploy spines, and the shrimp dont attract too much attention

i will let you know how i get on
 
I was thinking, bristlenose? Or is it too small etc?

- Yes, Please let me know! I wouldn't mind getting a few shrimp
 
If your planning on putting ottos in, then make sure they are in the tank 1st (which is hard to do as they like mature tanks) the DP's wont take kindly to intruders once they are established.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top