My Complete Roma 125 Journal.

Another tip I remembered...   some of my crypts had big rhizome type roots and i found the best way to plant them was the drag the rhizome into the sand from the side to the spot where you want it, not just push it down into the sand.  Get one group planted, then go back and push in all the small wispy roots. GL !!

cant wait to see your ideas come to life :D , im doing my first journal soon for a planted 90ltr tank going to start it this saturday so all help would be great lol good luck with yours mate
fish.gif

JOURNAL POST

After adding the new plants, I've had a little bit of an outbreak of Ramshorn and Pond Snails so I've added 5 Assassin Snails today. I should probably have recorded a video when I added them because it was pretty comical. My Bristlenose thought they were little snacks so he tried to have a good old suck on them and after holding my breath for a few seconds, I realized he wouldn't be able to get to them. He wasn't careful either, one tried about 4 times to get on the glass but each time he just knocked it down! Another just decided to stay in it's shell for about 10 minutes, giving me a bit of a scare.

Yes, I spent more than 10 minutes watching snails! They're all out of sight now anyway but hopefully I'll see less pest snails, silly little things :p

Fish-wise, I'm trying to get rid of my Gold Gourami but nobody's bothered about him so it looks like I'm still stuck for a while longer. I haven't got any more Rummy Nose Tetras yet either... in fact I haven't even looked! I'll go to my awful LFS on Thursday :)

The plants surprisingly look alright and I've been hesitating to paint the back of my tank all week. I nearly bought some paint yesterday but chickened out at the last minute, I'll make too much mess! It would be alright if my tank was new, I'd be able to do it outside but for obvious reasons, I can't 
no.gif

That's about it really, I'd add a photo but nothing much has changed!

haha sweet pics of the snails or even the pleco's trying at a snail would be so funny :) haha i can see mine doing that before the clowns got to it :p funny trying to see my pleco try to nom my powerhead and realise why his tail is at 90 deg to him :p

about the pain whats the tank on? are you able to move it out slightly so you can get in behind it? that would work, non drip paint is as it says non drip and would be perfect obviously put something down just in case it dose get messy :p

I'll have to sit and try and get something tomorrow, he might have learnt he can't eat them by then though :p

I should be able to slide it out if I do a 50% water change or so, I'm still scared I'll make a mess. I guess I just need to man up and get some paint bought on Thursday/Friday for the weekend!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back