My Biube Rescaped

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

ATK!!!

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Sorry but there are quite a few pics and they didnt want to appear so heres the link to a gallery of them!
http://img192.imageshack.us/i/p1050132ec.jpg/

Any comments are welcome

Thank you very much :D Sorry if the gallery is a bit annoying but for some reason my computer blocks me from putting large pics on here!

Thank you very much :D Sorry if the gallery is a bit annoying but for some reason my computer blocks me from putting large pics on here!

Have you tried using photobucket.com? I think it's very easy and user friendly.
smile.gif

Looking very nice :good:

Keith.

Here they are as promised! I have yet to add any plant fertiliser and hope to start by next weekend, hopefully next month will show some flourishing plants. Some of the pics arent too good (I havent got used to my dads camera yet!) but as you can see the tank is nearing completion. The platies were mad as usual but i did manage to get one pic, the tetras are settling in now and didnt mind me taking some pics.
One of the whole tank
IMG_3332.jpg

And another
IMG_3331.jpg

The tetras (sorry bout the quality)
IMG_3325.jpg

The platy (looks very angry!!!)
IMG_3312.jpg

Slighty better pic of tetras
IMG_3311.jpg

Stupid ornametal flowers stuck to wood, wondering if i could rip them off and replace them with moss (any ideas)

Thats it for now, thanks for looking
IMG_3329.jpg

Heres some pictures of the tank whilst I was removing the filter and changing the water, theres so many pieces of real and fake wood in there that I had to take it all out! Sorry if theres too many pics for your liking!

Tank with no plants or wood in apart from main piece
P1050140.jpg

Taking out centre piece without squishing fish
P1050143.jpg

Nearly there!
P1050144.jpg

Ugh, the main piece with plenty of gunk (now cleaned off)
P1050145.jpg

The tank with slighty more added in right after filter+water change
P1050147.jpg

And with all plants put back in but not arranged properly (sorry bout the reflection but its was such a lovely day today!)
P1050151.jpg

One of the 4 Red Crystal Shrimp added after ten minutes of settling down (more pics to come)
P1050155.jpg

So thats it for now, hopefully the shrimp will regain their colour as they did look pretty striking... be expecting more pics soon!

Here comes some more pics! The shrimp are starting to settle in and munch some of the algae dotted around the tank, thing is i don't know how to feed them their food without the fish getting it... I've been pondering over it for months now but the shrimp have only had a rather small amount of food so far.

One of the shrimp posing next to the bubble tube!
P1050172.jpg

And on one of the moss balls (sorry again bout the reflection)
P1050163.jpg

Sifting through the rocks
P1050162.jpg

This picture was taken shortly after 4 cardinals chased him round the tank thinking he was food!!
P1050159.jpg

I'm not sure exactly what grade they are as only just regaining their colour, I nagged at the person picking them out to get some good ones but I think she got the wrong idea :D

Thanks! Adding more shots of the tank without lid or base by next week and by then I should have a new tank too!

Here's the tank after another filter change. This time I took out the Cabomba and decided to go with a slightly different Stem plant (still not sure what it is but apparentely it's easier to look after than Cabomba in hard water). I also bought a Zebra nerite snail who looks lovely and is zipping round the tank, getting rid of a lot of algae along the way.

The snail after being plopped in the tank
IMG_3467.jpg

And the mysterious plant too
IMG_3470.jpg

A video of the tank

Most reactions

Back