My Betta (so Far!)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lilacamy931

Starting again
Reaction score
Introducing the only betta I have..Calcifer

I have shown him off quite a lot the proud mum I am, so here he is again (sorry guys!) Will get updated pictures of new addition of silk plants.

3686713855_d053266dcf.jpg

Here is the tank, there is no longer clingfilm, a nice plastic top and the plants have now grown in with addition of silk plants, plan on adding a froggie friend soon and also better pics

3713442063_75017bafa3.jpg

Close up of my boy..Calcifer

3701281269_2d311e9e43.jpg

My boy having a flaring moment

3698451011_fca6558348.jpg

My boy is SUCH a poser..lol

So far he has learnt to eat and love betta food, bloodworm, brine shrimp, daphnia and peas. Added marbles to tank, some interest. Loves the cambombia plant in there. Attacks plants to get my attention the little ####! Follows finger in tank and outside of tank. Tends to wrap himself round arms and fingers when working in tank.

:hyper: :hyper: Some exciting news, I MAY be getting my second addition of betta next weekend, it is dependant on a move at the weekend I plan amongst the tanks and seeing if it works. So watch this space to the start of a betta addiction.

Also end of the year will start this betta addiction properly.

LOL thanks guys, if my plans for my tanks go well this weekend, hope to have a second addition to add by next weekend :)

I'm not a fan of crowntails, but he is just gorgeous! You lucky thing.

Where did you find him? Or was he an online purchase?

He was from DP fishways and a bargain at £8! They have pretty much sold out at the moment. I quite fancy a veil tail for the next one. Crown tails were my favourite till saw everyones elses and Aquabid.. :)

UPdated piccies with frog!
Here is what the tank looks like now, what do you think?
3732573728_989f7ccfcb.jpg

Here is the froggie named Klaus
3731770349_7555eab285.jpg

Here *sigh* is a house bought for the frog but Calcifer LOVES it and makes a point of going in and out. I watched with trepidation the first time ready to leap and take action, he doesnt have problems though
3732571922_213444c72e.jpg

I love the last pic in his little house, his little face peering outside, how cute! :wub:

LOL I know- waaayy too cute the little rascal! Hope to get a better one but it seems Klaus likes it this morning. The boys seem to be getting on ok but then Klaus hasnt ventured far from the house and Calcifer gorged himself silly. Thanks guys!

One more pic of Klaus in house taken with difficulty as my Calci is a poser, both delicious though! (Hope dont mind the pics ;))
3734799464_28112e02f9.jpg

that certainly is, didnt realise I had a small amount already! Have added the stuff off you and will soon have a triffid jungle! I can not wait!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back