MY BABY IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Pointy_kitty

i eat buttons
Reaction score
:D i finally got my budgie home!
and guess what?
its already completely tame!
its only 5 weeks old and when i got it home i tried to put it in the cage but it wouldn't let go of my finger!
little bugger :wub:
it rode around on my shoulder for like 2 hours stretching, cuddling, and preening my hair!
all good signs that he's completely comfortable
he's not shy at all and he loves everyone (especially me!)
he looks very healthy and he is eating like a piggy
theres just one thing i noticed.....
he's panting or something....
it looks like he's chirping but there's no noise coming out, (and he can make noise when he wants to, i've heard him before although he is pretty quiet)
but once again he seems healthy
so i phoned the guy i got him from and he said it was normal and they all do that at the same time,
i guess they do it when their hungry cause i took him back to his cage and he ate. but i didn't see him drink so just in case i dipped my finger in water and got him licking it, then he took 2 sips of his water and i put him to bed
is the opening his beak over and over without noise normal? (for about 10 seconds-2 minutes at a time) :huh:

Wants you to feed him. That's what they do, most people just shove a tube in their crop and fill it with the baby mix and call it "hand fed". Probably thinks humans mean mom, which means food! But if he's on seed hand feed him. It will strengthen the bond.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back