My Angelfish is very lethargic and hovering at the top.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tropical_Lover

Reaction score
I just got him today and he has been like this since then. Always hovering at the top and has even gotta stuck to the filter a few times. I finally moved him in a tank by himself. Just very lethargic but he seems to be chasing the water falling from the filter. His fins are frayed quite a bit. I really don’t want him to die. Because he’s a beautiful fish! Please help me save Gill!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 72
What size is your tank? How long has the tank been set up? Is your tank properly cycled? Do you have a test kit? You should test for ammonia, nitrates and nitrites. Do you know the ph and hardness of your water?

For now, do a 75% water change . Be sure temp of new water is same as tank water and be sure to dechlorinate the new water.

awww i hope he is ok... the previous poster gave you some good info!! poor little guy...

How far did you travel to get the fish or how far was he delivered before putting it to the tank ? I only ask as iv been doing a lot of reading on ph , especially by me the ph can change from 6.5 to 8 in a matter of 10miles so what would seemingly be the same water is shockingly different, I’m not saying it is but maybe a ph shock ?

how's Gill?? sorry i just been checking back here... since i cant pm anyone yet.

What does his poop look like?
Stingy white poop or normal?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back