My 2Ft Tank.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi this is my 2ft tank atm, it looks pretty bare but by sat will have plants in it.

Mytankatthemin.jpg

Edit:

My tank after adding plants hoping to add more later though.
Mytanknow.jpg

Also got a video though it's not very good.

This video is of my most pregnant female guppy the black tailed one she also likes to dominate the cave next to HER plant if any fish goes in that cave and she sees them she chases them out.

I posted this in the livebearers section because its a full livebearer tank (guppies to be exact). :D

A very nice looking small tank you have there Misscosmo. I would guess your black tailed female is still at least a week from a drop. If your stem plants grow well between now and then, some of the fry might well survive in the tank itself.

A very nice looking small tank you have there Misscosmo. I would guess your black tailed female is still at least a week from a drop. If your stem plants grow well between now and then, some of the fry might well survive in the tank itself.

Thank you for the compliment.
Was wondering because she is soooo HUGE she has claimed that side, plant, ornament you name it she claims it. Was planning to let her drop in the main tank then catch them.

Should put both bunches of cobomba plants (the fluffy looking ones) together as they are both small bunches but the biggest i could find in the shop?

It doesn't really matter, i would probably say both in the right hand corner away from the filter. It would give shelter to the female whilst giving birth and the fry once they are born.

It doesn't really matter, i would probably say both in the right hand corner away from the filter. It would give shelter to the female whilst giving birth and the fry once they are born.

Ok thanks for the response will do as you say.
Edit: Will get some pics of what it looks like now ASAP.

I awoke this morning to find my black tailed guppy in the top of the plants not really moving much but still looking healthy, she was right way round and breathing heavily so i thought she was giving birth but she wasn't.
My red tailed female is nearly as big as the black tailed and was laying on the bottom, she was the same as the black tailed female i.e not moving much, breathing heavily and the right way up.

They both moved all of a sudden when food appeared.

If you just turned on the room lights before observing them, they were probably still sleeping. My fish seem to all end up together in a low flow part of the tank and if you turn on room lighting they slowly wake up and start moving around.

If you just turned on the room lights before observing them, they were probably still sleeping. My fish seem to all end up together in a low flow part of the tank and if you turn on room lighting they slowly wake up and start moving around.

OK thought fish didn't really sleep but never actually thought of that so yeah little me worrying about something that doesn't need worry.

Well all my guppies are just getting fatter though 1 of them has been getting chased alot more by the male, hanging around the plants and trying to stay away from the others. Could these be signs that shes ready? Btw the way my friend with the bad water has recently had a swordtail give birth to babies.

Yes amazingly but when watching them earlier they looked kind of lethargic.

Most reactions

Back