Musical Instruments

fish.com1

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
424
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Yorkshire
Hi everybody.

I have my tank set up for about a month now, and have been wondering if my fish (5 lemon tetras) will mind if i play my trombone (which is quite loud) in the same room in which my tank is. The room is average sized but will the loud noise stress the fish?

Thanks everyone.
 
the loud noise shouldn't but the vibration coming from it, particularly the deep notes, might cause a bit of stress. If you face the outlet of the instrument away from the tank it will have less effect on them.
 
I wouldnt. I play the Baritone, but i dont really practice, i just wing it ( and have been pretty good at it). My lil bro plays the drums and is getting a drum set. I said, under no circumstance is that set going in our room ( which isnt rally big enough anyway).
 
I hear trombones quite alot and although they're loud they don't really cause much vibration as they have quite a crisp piercing sound. Hi-Fi speakers are worse as the bass lines cause lots of vibration.

I don't think it would be as bad as you would expect, though it's probably best to practice somewhere else.
 
some times when im playing bass or low guitar parts the fish seem alittle weird idk thogh might just be me
 
Ahhh... more lower brass members. I played trombone all through grade school & high school, picked up more lower brass & a little trumpet & guitar in h.s.

Kept up with guitar & bass after h.s. in a string of loud rock & metal bands. In one band the drummer was into fish, bred oscars. We practiced at his place, as loud as you would expect a rock/metal band to be, hundreds of watts of amplifiers, double bass drum kit, you get the idea.

The fish were fine with it, kept breeding. Wish the neighbors were half as happy, they called the cops on a regular basis.
 
me and my dad play the keboard which sits next to my tank when we play the fish in my tank come down the end nearest to the keboard and just sit there when there is a quick bit in the song they go up and down the side when it slows down they go back to sitting there its comical when you see it.id try the trombone not to close but if they arent darting around and stressing out then it should be alright to keep playing if they do try playing it in a different room hope this helps :D
 
my uncle has speakers under his tank and the fish arent bothered at all, swim around like normal. I wouldnt advise it tho.
 
I blast my guitar out near my tanks and they dont seem to give a crap
 

Most reactions

Back
Top