Music? Anyone?

A new song I've come to enjoy a lot. It's actually Chester Bennington (Linkin Park) on vocals. Very strong Alice In Chains vibe going on. Chester In Chains?

A new song I've come to enjoy a lot. It's actually Chester Bennington (Linkin Park) on vocals. Very strong Alice In Chains vibe going on. Chester In Chains?

reminds me of psychedelic metal, could be up your alley.

I love everything but in love with ocean alley, JBT and tones and I. All Aussie muso’s

I saw The GoBetweens and The Triffids a few times in London back in the late 80s and The Drones a few years back. Loved them all.
Im not so keen on The Drones fellers new band whose name I’ll not repeat here though it contains a word I use far too often. I saw em last year but they don’t click with me either live or on “record” for some reason.
Saw The Rolling Blackouts twice last year and they seem to be channeling The GoBetweens at times. Good band all the same. That seems to be the way with music though, one band does something a bit different and gets nowhere then split up in despair, years later another comes along borrowing their act and “bingo” the world is ready for them. With three songwriters they’ve also an inbuilt advantage over most bands as did The Beatles. I think they’d sell a lot of albums......if people still bought albums.

Venues are struggling at the moment over here as they will be everywhere. Hopefully they’ll still be around when the dust settles though rumours of property speculators who’d knock em down to build shoe box sized homes are rife at the moment.
Human beings need live music imho it’s a communal innate thing.
Stay safe everyone.

Last edited:
Okay, just spent 31 minutes on this guy. That says something...
"Set the controls ( nice nod ) ..." A+
Barry Adamson is a musical god in this house.
Loved his previous bands Magazine and Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds in which he played bass. Magazine reformed recently but he wasn’t with them.
A lot of his solo stuff has a film noir/spy genre soundtrack vibe to it. I saw him live a few years back, I was expecting a more studious show with a soundtrack recital type vibe. Instead he has a tongue in cheek Mr Showbiz Lover Man type thing going on with iirc a gold suit and top hat on one occasion. Very entertaining but not what I expected.
A good Barry Adamson playlist would be amazing.....even if I have to knock one up myself.

I typically listen to a variety of music. I like country, pop and classical. My favorite artists are, Coldplay, Avicii, Selena Gomez, Kelsea Balerini, Florida Georgia Line, Tim McGraw, Granger Smith, Rihanna and Maroon 5

Most reactions

Back