Moved my EBJD back...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishiemang

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Decided today was the day to move ole Jack back to the 75. He is a bit too big fir the 10 gallon now.

Things are touch and go. Hopefully he is as robust as he been so far in life......he gonna have some adjustments to make. Been pretty much a solo fish for the last 6 months....other than a small pleco.

The convict has already said hi a few times. Friendly nudges.....

Pics of the other fellas in there....even a rare sighting of the Jewel cichlid. That one was silver when I bought it, but has since turned red. Only one who didn't come out was Pleco Pete....

Jack in his new home.

20210303_164843.jpg

The rainbow shark. He is about 6 inches nowadays.
20210303_164821_HDR.jpg

My Krib....Pierpont. He hides a lot too. Since I added a bunch of Java Fern, tossed in and.floating, he comes out more and more.
20210303_164457.jpg

The bully of the tank. My Convict. He sure has a fat belly. Doesn't slow him down tho. Dunno why but about 2 years ago he started swallowing air and stuff...maybe rocks too...I dunno what he does in his spare time for fun, besides chase the next guy in the list here.....haha...
20210303_164432_HDR.jpg

My Peacock Cichlid. Recovered from his serious case of popeye and is right as the mail.
20210303_164424.jpg

And the ever elusive Jewel Cichlid. Is nice to see this one every so often.
20210303_164408.jpg

Wound up moving Jack back to the 10 gallon for now....

My timing was obviously crap. He was kinda not movin, hiding under bushes, when I moved him. Figured he was cramped. Well....I noticed some spots on him when I moved him that were faint, but after 3 days, have gotten darker. Not sure what it is, but he was struggling in the 75 bad. Figured was new nerves in the new tank, but after 3 days, he wasn't lookin too hot. So, he is back.

I'm not sure what this is just yet, but I am dosing him with Melafix and Pimafix just in case. Until I figure out anyways. If one of ya'll has an idea, I am open to suggestions...

Here is a pic to show what I see on him....it's the red line on the left and.the 2 red dots under his chin and behind his pec fin there.....not sure what these are, and are the only lesions on him. Not come across this before. Other than the spots, he is acting somewhat lethargic (altho I suspect the tank transfers are behind that) and he was eating before I moved him, but has not ate since. I moved him back and shut the light off after the pic.

20210305_195008_HDR.jpg

Since I enjoy a good conversation.....(with myself apparently...?)

24 hours in the 10 gallon and old Jack is right as the mail....

Very interesting. The spots are even fading.

He is eating again, but still a little off. Must been stressed out in that other tank with the larger fish. Guess it just ain't time for ole Jack to make the transition.

Chapter closed.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back