Mouthbrooder Spawn Pics - Lots!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Sorry to hear it Julie. :/

Better luck next time. It WILL happen. :nod:

BTW, if something is wiggling in my mouth, I'd gag. :sick: :p

Linda - No one seems to have an explanation as to why this happens. -_- The father might feel threatened, but I know that isn't the case with mine... unless he's paranoid. :X They have spawned 4 or 5 times and he does seem to hold a little longer each time. :dunno: If he'd just hold them a few more days the babies might make it outside his mouth. I guess stripping the eggs like you do with cichlids might be possible, but I don't have the guts to do that. :crazy:

I just said something about stripping to Sorrell in a PM :lol: It IS possible, you need to pry his mouth open and flush it with water, I dunno if I'm brave enough either.

Sorry he swallowed. He'll get it right soon enough ;) For now let them have their fun :p

sry julie, he'll get it right eventually :D juts takes em a while to lern hes doing it all wrong :fun: good luck trying again, third times the charm :thumbs:

Fascinating story in pictures Julie. Thanks so much. I've really enjoyed them. Nice to see one of the males taking on baby care for abit eh? :wub: Maybe he'll do it for a longer bit next time. It takes men awhile to figure out diapering babies after all so I'd give your guy another chance with the parenting skills. Wow, he must be some fantastic lover your fishy :hey: , she's zoned right out afterwards. :lol: Thanks for showing them to us, I too, could look at many more pics. So fascinating. They're lucky to have you for an owner, giving them such a nice home to cuddle in.

Most reactions

Back